15 x 8 Pro Comp Wheels

zach1988

I just order some 15 x 8 pro comp steel wheel for my 96 and I ordered 32 x 11.30 x 15 BFG tires. The company that I ordered from notified me that the 15in wheels will not fit over the calipers? I looked on the forum that a lot of people have the 15 x 8 wheels that's why I went with them. Did anybody else have this problem?

I have 15x8s and they fit....but not all 15" rims are created equal.

Some people have indicated that there was interference and they required a die grinder to slightly grind down a spot on their calipers for fitment.

Ok thanks I guess I will go with the 15 x 8. They said they might not return them since they told me that the 15in wheels wont fit and recommended 16 in wheels but it seems like everybody has the 15 x 8 on here

Depending on the year,the Pathfinders wheels went from 15-16. If yours is a 96 like it says in your profile, it will fit. I run the ones with the same specs. Enjoy.

Edited by 90seven

I run 15's on my 99 which came with 16's. The fit is extremely tight and with new pads, it won't clear them. So you have 2 options:

1- shave the calipers with a grinder. Super simple and free!!

2- get spacers. This will cost you some but the additional width of the stance looks awesome!!! I love it on mine.

I used to just run shaved calipers until I had to get one replaced as it was seized. The new one still cleared it but only because my pads are halfway down. Now I have 1.75" spacers:

ea91647d76b3385ab52164622a9ee4e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, good info above! IIRC, 2001 was the year Nissan went with the 16" rims, although as said there can be minor interference depending on the specific design/backspacing.

I merged the duplicate topics and cleaned things up a bit.

Carry on!

B

Pre-facelift (96-99) came with 15's, they'll clear just fine as long as your backspace is at least stock or greater. Facelifted (99.5-04) came with 16's (17 on later model LE & Platinum), these have clearance issues when new pads are installed.

• Like 1