Newbi

zach1988

Spring seats and strut mounts, shocks and struts.

If you're lifting, I assume you've already added the 3 basics. 1. an emergency kit- food, water, blanket, rain poncho, aid kit, flashlight , gloves and a hi-vis vest at a minimum. 2. some method to unstick yourself or others even if its only a recovery strap, shackle and a farm jack. 3. Rear locker. Lift without those 3 is just a mall crawler looking to get in trouble. Also, if the vehicle is new to you or you didn't know. You have a VG33 and it is an interference engine. If you don't have proof it was changed in the last 3-5 years change the timing belt before you do anything else. If it breaks you're done unless you got deep pockets.

Spring seats and strut mounts, shocks and struts.

If you're lifting, I assume you've already added the 3 basics. 1. an emergency kit- food, water, blanket, rain poncho, aid kit, flashlight , gloves and a hi-vis vest at a minimum. 2. some method to unstick yourself or others even if its only a recovery strap, shackle and a farm jack. 3. Rear locker. Lift without those 3 is just a mall crawler looking to get in trouble. Also, if the vehicle is new to you or you didn't know. You have a VG33 and it is an interference engine. If you don't have proof it was changed in the last 3-5 years change the timing belt before you do anything else. If it breaks you're done unless you got deep pockets.

This is quite the doom and gloom perspective all for a 2" lift lol. It is crazy where a lifted pathfinder will make it WITHOUT a rear locker! To call it a mall crawler is definitely insulting.

But yes to the timing belt, get that done. You will likely also want new shocks, longer ones in the rear, such as Bilsteins.

You can either use spacers and reuse all your OEM components or you can get the AC springs to achieve this. Can't do both without jeopardizing the CV angles and causing strut top out off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so confused. :scratchhead:

The only place to get AC springs is from AC (Automotive Customizers = 4x4parts.com). The kit is 4 springs. You should need nothing else, assuming items that will be re-used (struts, strut bearing, strut mount, shocks) are all in good shape. Consider longer rear shocks, as you'll be consuming 2" of extension with the springs.

Welcome to the forum, don't forget to search. Plenty of pinned threads will answer any suspension questions you'll have.

This is quite the doom and gloom perspective all for a 2" lift lol. It is crazy where a lifted pathfinder will make it WITHOUT a rear locker! To call it a mall crawler is definitely insulting.

But yes to the timing belt, get that done. You will likely also want new shocks, longer ones in the rear, such as Bilsteins.

You can either use spacers and reuse all your OEM components or you can get the AC springs to achieve this. Can't do both without jeopardizing the CV angles and causing strut top out off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just lockers, but a way to recover and an emergency kit. If you head off road being prepared is just common sense.

Sure, but he's just asking what he needs for the lift.

Exactly. I know the responses are meant to be helpful (though admittedly, I disagree with some things), but they are off-topic. If the OP wants to steer the conversation in those directions, that's cool, but for now let's make sure he's got clear and accurate answers to his questions.