Light question

thorpe991

So on my new truck (05 chevy silverado) i dont like any of the aftermarket options for the turn signals the ones on it are a clear lenses with the chrome reflective stuff for the lights to shine off of i was wondering do u guys think if i took vht smoke spray and sprayed the inner chrome would the reflectiveness still be there with just a black/smoked look or do u think i would lose it?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Well on my gmc i had befor this i had aftermarket lenses with the blacked out chrome (made like that) they still reflected my turn signals and didnt have any issues i would just order aftermarket ones but they all have funky stuff inside the housings

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen some tinted lights, they look good...but the question I would ask is how long the tint would last...

I have also seen quite a few REALLY sharp rides with "properly" done. Meaning clear and some black mixed...kind of wgat VHT had tied to put in a spray can...only the right way.

I used the VHT on the headlights and tail lights of my older ride (Isuzu) and it turned out very nice. 3 very light layers (maybe 4) and some clear to buff. It did wear off the headlights nearly completely - but I believe it is because they were glass. The plastic lenses (oval indicators, front and side markers, and tail lights) have all kept their coating over the last 4 years. I did a quick spray and clear job - didn't even sand it at the time and it has weathered well. Doing it right would make it even better!

If I do any tinting on the Pathfinder, it will be the film style. Seems more consistent than me painting and smoother - especially if heat shrunk properly.