Hp increase wanted

thorpe991

So i recently sold my 2 camaros because i didnt have space so i now have money that would of gone into that motor to put into the pathfinder as its my only toy now so i was on 4x4parts and i see for the 3.3 they have euro cams and high performance cams which ones would be better for a mud toy build and what other mod would get me more horse power other than forced induction

I already have a more open exhaust and cai(soon to be a diy snorkle)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Edited by thorpe991

VQ swap? Would be a bit involved but an instant 60+hp increase. You could always snag a 01-04 and transfer your suspension and most other mods over. If you really want to make it a righteous build also swap the front different and rear ham over to benefit from the lower gears. That's my plan, as soon as I find a new ride for the wife and take the 01 back, I'm going to cannibalize the 96. Woohoo! Lifted VQ path with rear swing carrier and gears! Holy capable batman! Lol

Well a few months ago the vg33e started blowing white but last weekend i ran it and it didnt blow smoke so idk i was considering the swap but now that it stopped im ganna stick with the vg

If i was to pick up a vq motor:

1. Would my drive accessory's work on it

2. Would my trans work with

Has any body tried to put the frontier or xterra headers on the pathfinder cause i would like to do that

Also is there any way to go to a carbed setup with a stand alone gas and ignition set up as it being a mudder im not worried about mpg

Edited by thorpe991

just for info,

here in canada, someone years ago has swap a vq35de from a path/qx4 along with the complete drivetrain in a D21, he even swap the 5 link with the pathfinder rear diff!

So it was a ''hardpath'' lol

i've seen the truck in person but from far away and i don't know much about that rig or the guy who own that beast.

So it's possible to swap a vq in older rig but probably a big... big project!

VG 33, cams, pistons, intake, exhaust, a bit of boring.

Mine's pretty torquey. Used to be that if the snow got up to my bumper I was stuck. Now I just lay on the pedal and tear through it.

Of course my mpg goes down real quick.

VG 33, cams, pistons, intake, exhaust, a bit of boring.

Mine's pretty torquey. Used to be that if the snow got up to my bumper I was stuck. Now I just lay on the pedal and tear through it.

Of course my mpg goes down real quick.

Ok so what cams did u run and whats ur exhaust setup and did u have to get it tunned afterwards

There is a whole write up on his WD21. He bought it built (no shame in that, got a hell of a deal!), but some off road or racing magazine or site built it up as a tow vehicle IIRC. There is a thread on it here, I just can't recall what to look it up as. It is a long read, but they describe everything they did perfectly.

I would have bought it if I had the cash at the time, but we all know how that goes... :D

B

• Like 1

There is a whole write up on his WD21. He bought it built (no shame in that, got a hell of a deal!), but some off road or racing magazine or site built it up as a tow vehicle IIRC. There is a thread on it here, I just can't recall what to look it up as. It is a long read, but they describe everything they did perfectly.

I would have bought it if I had the cash at the time, but we all know how that goes... :D

B

I tried searching but with taptalk its impossible to search and find what your actually looking for so the next time im at an actual computer ill have to search for it

Project Pathfinder was built by MotoIQ out here in SoCal.

I dont know where the thread is here on NPORA, but here is their website.

Its faster than a stock pathfinder, buts its no muscle car. As I said its mainly torque.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ID/902/Project-Pathfinder-Part-1.aspx

[Nissan Motorsports we added a set of their #2 off road cams to Project Pathfinder. The cams have 264 degrees of duration and .430]

Anybody know where or how to find these i searched online and got jack

So the euro cams from 4x4parts.com are .360/264° and the hd cams are .440/260° im think if i cant find the exact ones that are listed im going with the euro cams

[Nissan Motorsports we added a set of their #2 off road cams to Project Pathfinder. The cams have 264 degrees of duration and .430]

Anybody know where or how to find these i searched online and got jack

When we bought it, they told us the #2 cams were still in the Nissan Motorsports inventory.

That was a while ago, they may not carry them anymore.

Bigger MAF, bigger injectors and beefed up fuel pump on a remapped motor will get you some decent gains. Don't know if your model pathy has an e-fan or not, but if it doesn't going to an e-fan and a light weight torque converter will free up a small amount of rotational energy. Lighter weight wheels and tires to reduce your unsprung weight and weight reduction in general would help acceleration as well.

Edited by Zraver