2003 pathfinder... Brake issues...maybe.

indyqx4

Hey guys, I have a 2003 pathfinder SE. Just turned 125k. I have only owned it since 118k. Truck is in great shape cosmetically, but have had to deal with a few things since owning it. Most I would consider basic maintenance. Now for the issue....

Had a ton of brake vibration shortly after acquiring the pathfinder. Took to local mechanic to have brakes done. This helped a ton, but about 2k miles i started getting vibrations again. They went back through and replaced the rotors again under warrantee which was awesome... Felt a tad better until yesterday I went on a 4hr road trip and at highway speeds (really above 50) when braking I get terrible vibrations.. A lot of steering wheel, and some pedal. mechanics is standing by his work.. And says the brakes are fine.. But he also doesn't seem to willing to look further into the issue. I plan to get another opinion, but figured I would see what pathfinder guys have have come across.

I'm starting to think wore out suspension components.. Really hate to just start dumping money everywhere..

Any input would be great. Thanks! 41a80d2aaa7e1bcfe871ec30c55ac68f.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Have an 01' Nissan Pathfinder SE 3.5l 4x4 with 135K that I purchased just over a month or so ago and have similar front brake issue. My curiosity is what kind of brakes and rotors should I consider? Any help would be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G750A using Tapatalk

Cheap rotors will do that to you. As will very uneven lug nut/rotor to hub torque. Most shops use the generic white box rotors and drums to keep the price down, they're hit or miss at best. I can understand why he doesn't want to replace the rotors again - it's quite a bit of work with the set up we have. They don't slide off. However warranty is warranty, if he's not willing to make it right again then he must not care about keeping your business.

If anything a quick turn of the rotors on the car along with a solid lug nut torque will probably solve the issue. Hopefully the calipers were inspected and everything was well lubed.

We have to turn every set of new drums we get before installing them to make sure there are no comebacks for shake or pedal pulsation. Rotors aren't as bad.

Unfortunately it's hard to find good quality parts these days at a price the customer is willing to pay for.