trouble finding a body lift

jshea

Im looking everywhere online for a 3inch body lift for my 94 pathy but all i find is 86-90 years why is that? where can i find a kit for my year and what brand is best. If anyone could give me a website or something that would be great!

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...e749ab7c7edd8e8

Search around... :D People are pretty much going to instantly chime in with how much AC sucks, but they're just about the only place to get these from unless you find one on eBay. The kit is a little different from the previos years in that it has different bolts or something...

BTW, I'm almost going to buy a 3" BL from AC, I'm just worried about the issue of shifting to 4L... I've seen many of you talking about it...

Did any of you make a mod to solve it?

Remove the transfer case shifter, cut it, weld in a new piece of tube and bend it to the desired angle. That's pretty much what it takes.

The reason body lifts for 91-95's are hard to find is because the rear body mount bolts are different length than the earlier models and those exact bolts are fairly hard to find because of their length and metric size. If someone were to remove one of those bolts, measure it and check it's thread pitch, I'm sure SOMEONE could find replacements and then you could just use a regular body lift with those bolts.

That and the radiator probably should be dropped to match the level of the engine fan if you keep the mechanical fan. Mine's got an electric fan, so I don't need to move the radiator.

The reason body lifts for 91-95's are hard to find is because the rear body mount bolts are different length than the earlier models and those exact bolts are fairly hard to find because of their length and metric size. If someone were to remove one of those bolts, measure it and check it's thread pitch, I'm sure SOMEONE could find replacements and then you could just use a regular body lift with those bolts.

That's all AC does anyway.

Not happening, sorry. One of those was the one where the head broke off on mine, and I had to pay a guy to cut in from the top, heat the sucker, tweak/hit/crank/cut on it, until if finally came out. So... there they be, there they stay. :D Home Depot had one with the right threads and width, only it wasn't long enough. I can't remember the size or thread pitch off hand, but it was basically the largest size metric bolt they carried.

OK! B)

I'm gonna buy the BL kit and the BL liners. I've asked AC about a estimative for S&H to Brazil.

Mine's got the mechanical fan, but the drop kit I'll have someone here fab it for me, it will cost me much less $$$ than the AC kit because of import taxes plus shipping costs.

If you don't want to pay for the liners... you can make your own out of some rubbery sheeting stuff if you can find it. I think someone else on here did that and it worked, just trace the existing ones and add 3".

Those Gap Guards are pretty spendy. If you try making your own and need a sheet of rubber, you might try what I'm gonna do as my next mini-project. My neighbor just cut up an inner tube for a truck tire. You can get a tube for like $10US. Worked just fine for him on his Yota.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do that way.

AC just replied my e-mail, and estimates that shipping to Brazil will be about US$ 130... so 3" BL + BL liners + Brazilian import taxes + shipping = US$ 410... :(

I'll just buy the body lift kit! :huh:

Guest Freaknasty

i have a 3 inch body lift from AC still in box with radiator drop down if anyone wants to buy it. I not ever gonna install it. Its for my 95 Pathfinder but i think that means 90-95 pathy's will work.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to present this question, but since we're on the topic of BL's... :shrug:

I'm planning on installing a BL soon and was doing some "homework" on the process to make sure I had all my bases covered. It seems that the AC kit comes with some brackets to relocate the front and rear bumpers. I'm assuming that if I don't use the brackets, there will be a 3" gap between the body of the Pathy and the bumpers, correct?

If that's the case, does that mean I won't be able to re-install my brush guard? I believe the guard attaches to the bumper/frame as well. What would be the best way of relocating the brush guard once my BL has been installed? :confused:

Any insight would be much appreciated! :cool2:

- Mrbuddha

Brackets for the front, and the rear you take the bumper off and move it up to another set of holes that are already there. The "brackets" suck, and are little more than 3" steel plates. If you have a brush guard and such already, you might do something like Mr. Jim did and find somebody handy with a welder to fab you a more solid mounting system. I doubt those brackets in the kit would support much more weight than the bumper, as my bumper is already pretty flemsy on there.