7 day build throw down.

greenda3

Jyeager- you live here in the austin area?

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not, or I could come over and bend things for you.

I live in the Nashville area.

I've been to Austin in the past. I like the town a lot.

Got all the bends and notches done up front. Man its hard when your nursing a hurt body. On a side note however, i have the bfg at's im tsking off. Ehats a fair price 30x9.5x15 on stock chrome wheels? Every penny goes towards new parts right?

I found a set of 33s on yota wheels for 460. 75% tread. Gonna grab em tomorrow. Im a cheap bastard. Still wanna sell the take offs though. No room for spare wheel sets.

• Like 1

So i broke down and got a real notcher. No way i was gonna free hand those joints. My backs feeling great thanks to Dr painkillers so now im close. Cpl gussets tomorrow and start welding it all up. I nvr thought i would need a week for a pipe winch bumper, but i sit humbled.

I like the Texas flare. That's pretty great.

I have a question you might be able to answer. I see trucks all the time, usually Jeeps with that hoop leaning way out forward. I understand a grill guard...but is there an additional purpose in leaning it out so far forward?

I'm sure my question shows ignorance of basic off-road knowledge....but I am very new to all things off-road. :)

Thanks.

And I'm glad you got some relief for the back pain and are feeling better.

Imagine coming up to a large lip. The bumper acts like a "slide" to get the front wheels up on it. Same going down a sterp hill. Plus it looks super cool.

Ok, so it needs to lean out far enough to match the lower bumper's approach angle then. Got it.

Thanks.

Man must be nice. My wife flips anytime I spend money on my pathy. And the Texas flair is a good thing. Just waiting to do my front bumper when the heat lowers a little. It should be the best thing in DFW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The heats a killer this year. But i gotta keep moving as we have a big wheeling weekend end of sept coming up and i wanna hang with my buddies hardcore rigs. Ill be the only one with AC however...hehehe

• Like 1