I think I need new windshield washer pump

Darek

Hi, I have problems with windshield washer. The fluid pressure is so low that it can't even reach the windshield. I already tired to clean the spray nozzle by cleaning it with a needle, boiling in a descaler, blowing with compressed air at nozzle and at the hoses.

Also I disassembled both washer pumps but they are clean inside and I could turn the shaft by my fingers. (BTW. R50 windshield washer pumps are sealed permanently but I was quite desperate so I cracked it and then glued it again, no leakage).

Both washer pumps are operating as I can hear it and also feel vibrations when holding a pump in my hand.

So I am going to buy new pumps. The problem is I can't find relevant pump for Pathfinder.

I want to ask you what other cars pumps are compatible?

Also can I use a pump with only one output? The Pathfinder has two outputs but I believe one is for air removal so maybe it is not necessary.

I would just call Rob and have him order you one. I have yet to trust some these Polish or Russian sites. No real reason it's just a huge language and distance barrier if something goes wrong.

When my rear washer pump went, I just went to the junkyard and pulled on the first one I found. Still works, 3-4 years later.

It's strange that yours still sorta works, mine just straight up didn't work when I bought it.

Check for corrosion or a slightly broken wire somewhere in the harness. It might attribute to a weak pump.

-Kyle

Dude. It's go two outlets. The one he linked to won't work, atleast how it was intended to work. And some cars have switching valves that use one motor to supply both the front and rear and switch as needed. Plus windshield washer pumps are much different than headlight washer pumps. So no, they are not all the same.

Plus the cost on getting a GTR washer pump would be the same if not less as an OEM pump. Just go to a dealer and they will have it. Rob will be way cheaper though.

-Kyle

But I am from Poland so I can't call Rob whoever he is. This is why I have problem finding exact pump model - Pathfinder is not popular here.

Before replacing the pump I would put a length of hose on it, direct it back into the res, and have someone hit the washer switch. If it shoots out like they normally do, I would suspect an issue with the plumbing rather than the pump and look for a gummed up check valve or a leak in the tubing.

I've resurrected the pumps on my '95 at least once for each (two pumps). They come apart fairly easily and usually just need some cleaning out inside. I finally replaced the front pump because the bushing between the impeller bit and the motor was worn so oversize that it would leak washer fluid out through the hole, through a drain hole in the motor, and down the fender well if I filled the res more than halfway. Even then a glob of grease on the shaft got another few months out of it. Sounds like your bushings are working fine--if you do open the pump up again try cleaning the brushes and commutator. (I usually chuck the armature in a drill and run the comm against some 800 grit or finer sandpaper.)

But I am from Poland so I can't call Rob whoever he is. This is why I have problem finding exact pump model - Pathfinder is not popular here.

Oh oops!! Missed that detail, haha.

Sorry Rob is the guy who is a pathfinder owner in Texas, USA who works at a Nissan parts desk, provides excellent pricing, and ships internationally!

Sorry once again, typical merican assumptions, :blush02:

-Kyle

• 1 year later...

A pump is a pump. If it plugs in to your connector and you can mount it, then it will work.

Had a similar problem where one of my pumps were not working. Ended up following the steps in the FSM manual had to replace my wiper amp and rear wiper pump. Used a pump from a 99 maxima. Had 1 outlet and it works great

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Edited by Mrelcocko