HELP! im overheating

Thermostat stuck? Has it been changed at all? One radiator hose would be ridiculously hot and the other very cool. Fan clutch not operating correctly? It would sound like a semi when the engine revs. Clogged radiator? External or internal is a possibility. Water pump? When was it last changed? What's the ambient temp been like down there?

when the truck is off it spins fine like its soppose to

Is that when the motor is hot/has been running? Can you see flow in the radiator once the thermostat opens? (never just open a hot, pressurized system)

Do you have quality antifreeze/water mix, and how old is it? Have you tried burping the cooling system (as per the downloadable manual from the pinned thread in the Garage section)?

When does it over heat? Idling, stop and go traffic, low speed driving, highway driving?

B

If the pathfinder sounds like a semi truck that is a good indication that the fan clutch is working. Even if it sounds like that when cold and never changes when hot. The most simple thing to check is air restriction ( is there leaves, dirt, plastic bags etc. ) blocking the condenser/radiator.

Second would be the thermostat, the best way to test it is to remove it and inspect, put it in a pot of water and boil the water. Should open when the water gets to boiling point. However for the effort I would just replace it.

Last is the radiator. When the pathfinder is cool! Remove the radiator cap and look at the rows inside, is there calcification( looks kind of like white rocks or mineral deposits forming around the rows).

Calcification in the radiator will restrict flow and inhibit heat transfer resulting in overheating.

If the radiator is copper/brass it can be cleaned/ rodded out.

If its aluminum you will need to replace it.

If you have a copper/brass style radiator I would recommend keeping it amd having it cleaned instead of replacing it with a aluminum radiator.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk