Hey Mods, I have a question about a new member

A friend of mine just got an 86 Pathfinder and he was trying to join the board but he says that he is stuck in a loop and can't get the confirmation email to work? Can someone PM me and I'll send you his user name and email.

Thanks!

Did he read the notice at the top of the board that appears only for new members and only before they have validated their accounts? ;)

In a red box it says:

Attention New Members:

If you recently registered and cannot fully access the board, then you have not completed the registration process.

You can easily verify this by looking at your profile and seeing what is says next to "Group". If it says "Validating" then you MUST follow the instruction contained in the email the system automatically sends out after you complete the initial registration steps.

We often resend those emails when we notice that some members have been validating for more than a day. Please check your junk/spam boxes because a lot of these emails end up there. Please add "nissanpathfinders.net" to your approved senders lists, if possible, to help ensure NPORA emails make it into your inbox.

HOTMAIL Users:
Note that this may also apply to MSN, Live and other email provider domains as well.
If you registered using a hotmail.com email address and have not received the validation email please contact an Administrator from the Contact Us page on the main site. Please email us FROM your registered email address, this will help speed things along.
Hotmail is a known problem for our members and members of many forums.

After your account has been verified check your PM's here on the site for more information as you may not be able to receive our reply emails. We also highly recommend that you CC another of your email addresses (non-Hotmail) to help ensure that you receive our replies.

Have him email "admin" at "nissanpathfinders.net" and I will check and see if the account is still in the system (it auto purges 72hrs after creation it if has not been validated.)

Post the user name here (or PM it to me), if you like and I will check the account then wait for the email :aok:

Thanks! I forwarded both the reply and PM to him. He's a diehard Hotmail fan so I am sure that is the problem. He's coming over this afternoon hopefully we can get it figured out. Thanks again for the help!

Is there any fix for existing members with hotmail.
I ONLY get emails when I am quoted by somebody. Everything else (PM's, Forum posts etc) I do not receive and I have checked all my settings here and on my email MANY times.

Does this apply to outlook.com too?

Edited by MY1PATH

It's nothing to do with NPORA and everything to do with the email provider, though they will say otherwise. So we encourage any and all who we deal with on these problems to contact their provider and try and get them to take care of it. I have tried four times and never get anywhere, so I think that about the only way this is going to be resolved is if a bunch of "customers" complain about it.

Some and by some I mean very few, get emails but most do not. Several have tried adding the nissanpathfinders.net domain and even specific email addresses to a safe list, but it seems to make no difference.

The only other options is the change the email that you use here to something other than Hotmail, MSN, Live and I suspect Outlook and AOL possibly others too (based on unverified accounts.) Most ISP accounts and Gmail are some of the ones that seem to work without any problems.

But even if you take the alternative, please contact them (repeatedly if necessary) it really is a PITA for a lot of people. Sad thing is that this may have been caused by relatively few people. Those who sign up for accounts and then report every email they get as spam (by forwarding it the provider or simply using "Mark as Spam") even those emails that they get as a direct result of them subscribing to email alerts. Some take the easy route (marking as spam) instead of logging in and changing their notifications/subscription settings and ultimately, this is the end result.

Edited by RedPath88

Perhaps that's why I never got accepted to the R32 GTR pages :(
Yeah a few years back I tried and Microsoft would not help me. I was hoping something new was learned (and it was but not in the direction of a fix)
I guess I'll look into another email.

any suggestions besides Gmail? ISP is a no for me, I move too much.

Yeah a few years back I tried and Microsoft would not help me. I was hoping something new was learned (and it was but not in the direction of a fix)

Lol, GTR pages, that's a whole different level. Great cars but people that own them are the experts. Every body else are not worthy. I despise working on R35's. The cars are awesome, owners.....not so much=)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Well you shot down the one I use and recommend, Gmail works just fine here and overall it just works period.

I only see a total of 11 Members using Outlook.com addresses (one is .com.au) and no new members in the last year. But if you already have an outlook.com address you might as well try it before creating a whole new account elsewhere, if you have a problem either down the road or right way in getting the (re)validation email, send us an email and we will manually validate it for you or change it back to the original address and validate it. Then you'll be free to try another.

I have not seen many problems with Yahoo.com accounts. We have nearly 2100 members using them and just in this year there have been almost 110 new ones.

I've heard some people state that they like mail.com, though I have never used it. We have 8 members using them with no new account since Jan '14.

Perhaps others will chime in with their suggestions, for or against.

I've heard some people state that they like mail.com, though I have never used it.

Perhaps others will chime in with their suggestions, for or against.

I used to have an account through email.com, and it was not a great experience. The spam filter is so-so, but what killed it for me was their "endorsed messages" - basically companies paying mail.com to let them spam you. The only way to stop it is to pay $20/year for their "premium service" - which I refused to do.

They own about 200 email domains (including email.com - which is what I used to have).

As much as I dislike Google's culling of keywords, I use an email app so I never go to gmail.com directly - so I don't see their ads.

Yeah I seldom ever use gmail.com or the Gmail smartphone app. I use separate apps on both PC and Android, so I never see ads in or around my Email, unless it's something that I subscribed too or spam, which seldom makes it through.