Leaky hydraulic clutch.

Gingy

Bought my pathfinder knowing the clutch master cylinder leked down. I was told by the p/o it was the master cylinder but wasn't sure. It doesn't appear to be leaking under the hood. HOWEVER, I just started connecting the dots with the what looks like old water stained aged carpet under the clutch pedal. Is it possible or common for these guys to leak back through the firewall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

---------

:yeahthat:

*EDIT*

---------

Possible? Yes

Common? I don't know if I would call it common, but it happens enough to suspect it.

Might as well check the slave cylinder while your at it, if it needs replaced I'd do it at the same time. They are also fairly cheap iirc, so if it looks even slightly questionable, maybe do it now so your only bleeding the system once :aok:

Edited by RedPath88
Yeah that

X3

Sometimes the master cylinder will leak out the rear seal which can/will run down the piston rod to some collection point and drip down. I've seen it on a lot of cars.

Whatever your fix, you will have to bleed the system, so don't forget about the dampener on the passenger firewall. IIRC, bleed there first, then at the slave cylinder, but please check that in the FSM.

(old dain bramage)

B

Welll.... just for some variety I'm going to suggest the its the anti-frilberator within the serior hinge spring pin that has cracked!

And I can't believe that google didn't somehow pick up that "frilberator" isn't a word....

Schweet. waiting on the slave to get here. Hopefully soon. I've had to bleed it once never touched the dampener.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk