Need help with repairs

matthew954

Ok, I have an 03 R50 that has some issues now. My exhaust system is rusted out where the muffler meets the tail pipe. The pipe has rusted cleanly off. I was curious what everyone thinks would be the best and above all cheapest way to repair it. I've been researching on the web, and the stock muffler as called for by Nissan are $20-$40 MORE than an equivalent Flowmaster or AP Xlerator muffler. But I know the FM and AP will require custom fabrication to fit.

Also back in February, during a storm I lost control (out of my own stupidity) and banged up the side of my Pathy. I need a new rear fascia, and passenger side rear fender panel. And thats not considering any damage to the bumper mounts under the rear facia. Its kind of **** eyed on one side. Plus she's going to need repainted her Burnt Copper color. I've found a 99 R50 at a local salvage yard. I'm certain the rear fascia won't match but is there any chance the fender panel will fit my 03?

Rockauto.com is your friend. There is a discount code in their thread in the vendor section. They have a stock replacement exhaust for cheap. It works.

Sent from fat fingers on S6

Edited by Rebelord

The best way to fix something is never the cheapest way. Just buy a stock replacement, unless you want loud, then have a flowmaster welded in.

The cheapest way would be just to weld the old pipe back on.

Well, I meant would it be ultimate cheaper to have a Flowmaster welded in, or just get another stock muffler. Because the reason I ask, is that back in December I had just bought myself a 2004 Mustang 40th Anniversary. I've been driving that for over the summer, and will likely only use the Pathy all the time for in the winter. I love both cars, and want them both to be properly up to specs.

As far as the body work goes, I don't have any issue buying a new factory rear bumper fascia, but to order a new fender panel from Nissan directly is close to $900. This one salvage years that has the 99 would cost me $38 for the panel. Though thats because I have to come and pull it off myself. But I hate to spend it and it not fits my Pathy properly. Another yard has a black 03, and the panel would cost about $250.