My new 2001 LE 4x4

Sweet little project! As far as the OME vs. AC debate, I think you made the right choice. It depends on the terrain you wheel as to which one is advantageous, but seeing as you're in California like myself, the lack of top-out, and pretty darn comfortable ride over washboards and mogul will make them excellent. Having ridden and wheeled with trucks having both, I think the OMEs with a leveling puck work best for my taste, because going over a washboard for an hour and constantly hearing top-out (something that happens with the ACs) would drive me insane.

Anyway, looks like a really cool trailer, those tiny house projects fascinate me. How much do you think it'll weigh when all said and done?

Thanks Karmann. Im estimating around 3000-3500lbs when done. Thats loaded with all of our gear, select furniture etc. but no potable water, grey water or black water. The tiny house phenomenon makes sense for us. While its not an ultimate solution for housing issues in this country and others its a good stepping stone towards adjusting on what we need, have and want. Simple is better for us. Plus were outdoorsie kind of folks....."would rather be fishing" kinda deal.

Very neat! I would think the pathy ought to be able to handle that much weight. I definitely agree with a lot of the tiny house goals.

Rocky road outfitters just told me the springs are on order. should be here relatively soon. They're out of Utah so shipping should be pretty quick once they actually receive them. it'll be a fun weekend of suspension upgrades an hub installation when it's all here.

The OME springs are drop shipped from ARB. When they say on order, call them back and clarify. OME springs for the Pathfinder usually only come into the states about twice a year. Spring time and Fall. See if you can clarify if they are in fact in the states or either shipping to the port or already shipping from ARB to you. If they are still in route to port, once in port can take anywhere from a 2-8 weeks to clear customs.

I only know all this, because I spent many hours on the phone trying to get mine. I ended up waiting two extra weeks for the rears. Which at that point, as soon as they cleared, ARB overnighted them to me.

This is all only because the Pathfinder just isnt as popular as Jeeps and Toyota's. So supply is only really brought in as they are ordered. With about 3-4 inventory sets to be delivered if a distributor sells a set.

Edited by Rebelord

Well thats not encouraging....The phone rep said they're expecting them by the beginning of next week, shipping to me shortly after. Maybe I'll call again and tomorrow and clarify if it was a "should be arriving net week" or "will be arriving next week"

Well i ordered the OME Med. Duty springs and a set of air lift load helpers.

Awesome build...

This is the airlift I might be getting soon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BTK8WA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3F0F5YPLZW06N&coliid=IYUZUW0PZES35

As for the Springs, can you please give me the link? I want to raise n lift the 2001 Pathfinder I have so I am looking for Springs and Shock Absorbers and later on I will add spacers by Steve :)

Any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Hope I am not hijacking your build thread...

Regards,

DJ

verified that the springs are indeed stateside. Pretty inefficient...shipping from Seattle warehouse to RRO in UT, then to me in California. Could have saved a few bucks and some gas if they just shipped directly to me.

I need a friend who can receive them and then ship them to me using the cheapest possible means... :P

Regards,

DJ

PS: Shipping charges kill me, hence the reason I order everything one time!

I think any way you send them will be expensive. The springs are heavy and will bring high shipping rates no matter how you send them. I agree with Rebelord. Try finding an Australian or Asian vendor

Edited by TowndawgR50

Took the pathfinder in for an inspection before our long distance travels in August. Having them also check and loctite the power valves while they are at it.

More parts arriving today as well, with the springs here by Friday hopefully. Should have the truck back this weekend for a lil lift workshop.

Good to hear. Looking forward to the OME's arriving today.

This weekend should be interesting. Got the pathfinder back yesterday. Opted to do the power valves myself as the shop wanted 800 to do them. Was hoping to save some time by taking it in and having the shop do it. But the good news is the inspection turned put great. Just needs brake pads and am external oil cooler. should be lookin good after Sunday

Good to hear. Looking forward to the OME's arriving today.

This weekend should be interesting. Got the pathfinder back yesterday. Opted to do the power valves myself as the shop wanted 800 to do them. Was hoping to save some time by taking it in and having the shop do it. But the good news is the inspection turned put great. Just needs brake pads and am external oil cooler. should be lookin good after Sunday

Not a bad job to do, patience, a good magnet(just in case), some loctite you'll be ok.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Made a lot of progress this weekend but I wish i would have ordered the front springs too. Thought I could get away without them. Damn it....

The truck drives so well now. I thought it was pretty nice before but its clear the suspension was shot. Even without new front springs the ride quality shot through the roof. Very firm, but not bouncy in any way. Took the Pathfunder up to Grouse Ridge for a quick camping/star viewing trip after a run to Auburn for some parts for the trailer. The Bilsteins and KYB's ate up some pretty rough terrain on the way up to Grouse Ridge lookout at speed without skipping a beat. Freeway driving improved drastically. And with a bunch of gear, dogs and us the rear didnt even flinch at the weight. They settled considerably after the rough drive and look decent but i think i might take the spacer out in the rear. The OME's claim to be 1.75" of lift so I added one of Steves spacers, thinking it would come closer to the front height. its clear that the front droops without a matching set of OME's, despite having 2" spacers. Also picked up a set of tires and wheels but need to trim and get springs before i can run them without rubbing.

Still need to install the hubs but ran out of time. I was hoping to be able to gauge fuel mileage increase, if any. Oh well. Lots to do, not enough time.

Before

IMG_0017_zpspnxckt0j.jpg

After

IMG_0145_zpsuohspja5.jpg

IMG_0084_zpsg3gaadli.jpg

IMG_0073_zpsv7dshonz.jpg

IMG_0080_zps1pgt72by.jpg

IMG_0078_zpsnqmydpgq.jpg

IMG_0082_zpsdbdmlzvw.jpg

IMG_0085_zpsi0r1e6ly.jpg

IMG_0083_zpsahfmugix.jpg

IMG_0147_zpsmcdnmein.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_0021_zpsfbzzfttq.jpg

IMG_0024_zpskejcioms.jpg

IMG_0029_zpsafrxozmy.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsww6ltxsz.jpg

IMG_0087_zpsgldvyd9w.jpg

IMG_0137_zps0tovlvmq.jpg

IMG_4669_zpsjkdzjzxj.jpg

IMG_4649_zpsb5zc9udd.jpg

IMG_0097_zpsnopsmohc.jpg

Attempting to take long exposure shot of visible Milky Way Galaxy but was drunk with sleep deprivation...so you can still see that there was a boat load of stars out

stary%20night_zpsmicgznmw.jpg

• Like 5