Engine swap

Hey guys I'm new to the pathfinder scene and I've noticed since I put my bigger tires on that I've lost quite a bit of power on the freeway especially going up hill. I want to do a swap on my rig with out having to much hassle and having to change a bunch of things. Is it possible that a newer year pathfinder will bolt up to my tranny and everything else? or what would be a good way to go with out going all huge and V8 like.

I have a 95 pathfinder xe.

Hey can't type much out cause I am working. The VG33E bolts up fine. It's a 3.3 liter so 0.3 liters bigger, (10%) use the search function for vg33 swaps. There is a lot of methods. I have done the swap and really liked it so far. There is a few people doing other engine swaps as well, they take a bit more work.

• Like 1

I could be wrong, I think the supercharged one will need the vg33 wiring from the donor vehicle, it will be a full swap instead of doing just a long block (which is what I did without a supercharger) that will require quite a bit more work.

If you want the supercharger it will work, but you need the donor wiring harness and ecu as well as the full engine including alternator/ p.s. pump/ supercharger from said xterra. You will also have to have custom a/c lines made if you wish to keep your ac.

A simple 3.3 swap will run on your old ecu and wiring harness just fine but you will still have to get creative with the accessories unless you get a crank adapter to run your old accessories