R50 from WV

WV_R50

Hey fellow assfinder owners. How ya doing? Im luke.

ive been surfing the site for quite sime time but ive only recently decided to sign up. I plan to buy many nice expensive additions for it in the next year or so hopefully you will all be around to see the progress

I love these vehicles so much. This is my second 03 R50. My last one only being an SE. I now own an 03 LE auto (obviously) it has 180k miles and of course runs like a dream machine. To my knowledge it was a one owner all 175k before i got my hands on it.

No real modifications or addons so far. I installed a new Pioneer double din 4100nex over the stock bose setup and added a subwoofer in rear. I hope to imstall a custom SFD and ARB sahara bumper with winch, along with countless other smaller changes.

If anyone would feel like providing a list of fluids/lubrication areas to check, things to look for, magic potion for increased efficiency (: whatever comes to mind would be welcome.

Welcome to the forum, officially.

Bookmark this page:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/pathfinder-qx4-general-information-and-q-a-t549378.html

This will tell you everything you need to know to conduct your regular fluid changes: oil, transmission, differential, transfer case, which parts to grease etc...

There isn't much in terms of power than can be gained. Intake and exhaust, new cams, that's about it for bolt on parts. Beyond that you would be looking at engine swaps for SC models and the like.

You don't mention anything about wheels and tires. If you were to lift it and put on an ARB bumper yet keep stock rims and tires, that would look funny. IMO Pathfinders NEED offset rims to give them a proper stance.

Good luck with the build and post up some pics.

Thank you thank you, all. I do indeed plan to add a nice wheel/tire setup, however i like those 17s & ive read in a couple different places that in order to lift you have to get rid of the stocker 16s but i wasnt sure if the 17s were the same. Probably silly for thinking theyre that much different haha. _20150525_025319.jpg

Edited by WV_R50

Those 17's are actually quite nite. They have a concave look to them. With some thick spacers you can get that nice offset stance that will push the tires out just a tad beyond the body. IMO that's what really makes these rigs look good. That's a nice pathy you got there!

But if you do go with aftermarket rims, you can get 16's or 17's. Usually smaller is more desirable as you can get more rubber. This will let you deflate more for better traction, and still protect your rims.

Alright! Thats pretty good news as long as wheel spacers are legal in WV. Ill have to double check on that. Im a big fan of those 17s myself. And thanks for the tire info S4!

Haha thanks oath. I plan to hang onto em for a while anyway till I find a nice 6 lug deal somewhere. Plus I've got a 5th one underneath the truck in perfect condition! They made the same looking wheels that are in a more chrome looking finish for the 2004 platinum edition pathfinder. They'd look good too.