WD21 Nissan Pathfinder Power Window Problem

DECALMAN

So, I finally had the time to double check my power window issue.

Driver's side window was going UP automatically. I originally thought it was the master switch so I ordered an used one on ebay since mine was missing 3 buttons anyway. When the master switch got here I installed it to find out that I was still having the same problem.

I set out to find the Power Window Amp located on the passenger side kick panel.

ed27d7274d33f8d45066a9f6ee4a7fc8.jpg

Searching online I found a youtube video where a guy opens one up and suggests to look for cracked solder points.

36efd5a9cd7d71a72e670d1218621e99.jpg

I was not having that problem. After a real close inspection I found that one of the actuator

ceaec6e57d5bfa31e8fb680c78dd276d.jpg

(if that's what they are called) was burned welded to the bottom part.

ba68a9973b3882fd6595d8c6e3d12f1b.jpg

Both of them are naturally stock to the top part and that flappy thing goes down when activated giving positive current.

I carefully tried to separate the welded area with an exacto knife. Then I used a paper sand disk on my dremel to clean the bottom part.

ac659bfcb0ae9255e86e60aff1978cdf.jpg

As you can see that it's no longer touching the bottom part.

Power Windows are operational!

Edited by DECALMAN
  • Like 2

those are relays on the board. Good repair ! Suprised it didn't blow a fuse being constantly engaged like that.

It did at the beginning but I had installed a 6 pin 3 position switch to work the window.