Tuffy Lock Box Console?

Gingy

Just purchased a 92 and i'm not too pleased with my center console. I've had a Tuffy in a CJ7 before and it was terrific but am wondering if anyone adapted one to use in their Pathy.

does anyone know of any Ebrake relocation threads? I know toyotas i've had were equiped with the ebrake in the dash in the right knee area. I see a cutout for something similar in our trucks but not sure what it's for. The Ebrake is the only thing i really see keeping me from a tuffy box

There's a thread here from a few years ago - not sure if he ever did the swap or not.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31672-hardbody-parking-brake-in-a-pathfinder/

There also some information about swapping in an R50 console by moving the ebrake over to the left a few inches.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/34486-cup-holder-ideas/?hl=+console%20+cup%20+holders

If you're set on the Tuffy console, you could try moving the ebrake over and getting their console designed for a Samurai with the ebrake opening.

Thanks! I guess I didn't dig around enough on their site to see one with an e brake opening. I like the idea of security in the tuffy. I loved the storage and such of my old one.

I did the R50 center console swap and rally like it. The armrest is bigger and sturdier, and the cupholders are just right. I did have to relocate my ebrake handle a few inches to the left, but it wasn't too hard. I think I have some pics of it posted on here somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the R50 center console swap and rally like it. The armrest is bigger and sturdier, and the cupholders are just right. I did have to relocate my ebrake handle a few inches to the left, but it wasn't too hard. I think I have some pics of it posted on here somewhere.

DMA251 if you run across those pics please post. i'd love to see it. i'm not familiar with those pathfinders. I'm just getting into these things.