Clutch slip

jolut

I have an issue with my terrano-88.

The cluch is slippning (correct word??) when accelerating.

The cluch is new(4 weeks) and I had it changed when the cluch started to slip while driving.

Does this car have a dual mass flywheel or is it solid?

Any ideas of the problem?

Thanks,

Jörgen

Solid. Was the break-in done? Also the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted properly so there's no pressure on the shift fork at rest. A bad rear main seal leak can soak the clutch. Was the flywheel resurfaced or replaced? If not there's your problem.

Edited by Kingman

Thanks for the reply :)

The clutch pedal had no freeplay at all so I did some adjustment.

Actually I had to release the pressure a lot and the test drive went well :)

I will take the car for a longer ride and test it. The slip seems to be worse, when the engine and transmission are hot.

• 2 months later...

Common mistake, if you don't have any "dead pedal" at the top of your stroke extra fluid cannot return to the reservoir and eventually you experience what just happened.
Once you correct the pedal adjustmen you can easily return the extra fluid to the reservoir by grabbing the end of the fork and pulling it towards the slave.

• 9 months later...

I have an 88 Pathfinder I just recently purchased. Clutch had been fine then today suddenly the pedal started not coming but halfway up then nothing at all. All the way to the floor and not engaging ? Amy thoughts as to what it is ? Cable ? Linkage ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk