Parking lights on with brakes

Angelmen

Sorry I did not explain my self right . So the truck is off no key in the ignition when I step on the break pedal the parking lights out side of the truck turn on and u can hear a click in side but don't know we're it's coming from but I'll check out about the wireing

Sorry I did not explain my self right . So the truck is off no key in the ignition when I step on the break pedal the parking lights out side of the truck turn on and u can hear a click in side but don't know we're it's coming from but I'll check out about the wireing

Tail light bulbs two filaments, a bright one (wired to the brake lights) and a kinda dim one (wired to the parking lights). Something has connected your tail light wire to your parking light wire. If you had to splice in new plugs to run the LED bulbs, check your wiring first. If it looks okay, remove the tail light bulbs, hit the brakes again, and see if the front parking lights still come on. If they do, you've wired something wrong.

If the bulbs were plug-in replacements for the old ones, I'll bet you've got turn signal bulbs in one or both of the tail light housings. IIRC the housings are similar, but tail lights have two nubs at the end and turn signal bulbs have just the one. The one nub of a turn signal bulb could bridge the two connections in a brake/turn socket and cause the problem you're having. If the bases are correct, you might have a defective bulb with a stray connection between the two circuits.

A problem in a trailer wiring harness could have the same effect, so if the bulbs turn out to not be the problem, check that too.

If you've got an auto trans, that click is probably just the shift lock disengaging so you can shift out of park.

The bulbs are 1157 with two contacts. If a 1156 is used with a single contact then it touches both sides of the prongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1