A/C problems

Hi guys so I'm new here. I've owned my 1995 Pathfinder LE for 6 years now and about 2 years ago my a/c stopped working. I've done everything I can think of but nothing seems to work.

Ok but here's my problem the a/c light turns on inside the vehicle but the clutch won't cycle. I've given it direst power with an alligator clip and it will cycle but as soon I plug it in it stops.

I've checked the relay that seems fine. I haven't found a fuse but then again I don't have any fuse box covers. If you guys have any pics of the covers it will be greatly appreciated.

I'm still new so I'll work on getting pics and vids on here.

Just wanted to thank you guys for reading this and any help you will give

You probably have a leak somewhere. So if there is 0 psi i would try and listen for it. You can also get dye to put in and it will show leaks under a black light. I repllaced all the o rings on mine and that solved the issue.

• Like 1

I have had the same problem. Adamzan's advice is best. You want to check out the seals first. It is a 20 year old A/C system after all.

You can get a $5 set from any auto parts store. Replace those first and then add your refrigerant in a can. You can get it working with just injecting more but it will leak and be back at square one pretty quickly.

Thanks if refilling it doesnt work then ill try doing that

Ok so update I have done half of the o-rings on the system and then the strangest thing happens the refrigerant/oil/leak finder that I was adding to the system started spilling out the lowside port. Hey adamzan did that happen to you when you did your seals?

Low side port? You mean where you add the refrigerant? You may have a problem with the schrader valve inside the port. Could be stuck down, or maybe it's loose (I think you can tighten them like a tire valve).