1993 WD21 PATHFINDER HIGH IDLE PROBLEMS

DECALMAN

So after searching this forum w I was not able to find a clear answer has to where are the parts nor pictures. So i decided to put this together.

I was getting between 1200 and 1500 rpm.

So I first checked the service manual to troubleshoot the problem. I found the IACV-AAC PLUG from the passenger side and checked with a voltmeter and i did have 10 ohms as the manual suggest.

WD21%20PATHFINDER%20HIGH%20IDLE%20IACV-A

I first shot it with some electronic cleaner and rpms went down to 1000 to 1200 rpm

WD21%20PATHFINDER%20HIGH%20IDLE%20ELECTR

I then proceeded to find the Idle adjuster screw

WD21%20PATHFINDER%20HIGH%20IDLE%20ADJUST

I unplugged the IACV-AAC PLUG and turned the screw clockwise about 3 times to get it down to 700 rpm since it was at about 900 to 1000 rpm with the cable unplugged.

WD21%20PATHFINDER%20HIGH%20IDLE%20ADJUST

Problem solved!

• Like 4

Was your truck always idling high...like when you first bought it?

I would clean the Throttle body and MAF first and then do an idle adjustment. When I cleaned mine the idle shot up so I also did the adjustment in the FSM.

Yeah the IACV is a pain to figure out from the service manual...but once you locate it you will never forget its spot.

• Like 1

Yes it was high since i bought it. I will clean the throttle body and MAF later. Adjusting the screw was a quick easy fix until i have the time to the other stuff.