Transmission Filter

chrisq

Hi,

I am trying to change my transmission fluid and filter. I inspected the pan before hand and one bolt on the pan (on the side towards the rear) looks like I will have trouble getting to. I think it's a transmission mount in the way that won't let me get anything on it. Curious if anyone has encountered this? My initial thought would be to support the transmission with a jack and temporarily remove the mount but I wanted to get insight before I do anything (well that and order new bolts for the pan since they are pretty old). Also, noteworthy the suspected mount has a large "4" printed on it. If that helps anyone/rings a bell. Any assistance would be appreciated. For the time being I think I'm going to drive it to a car wash and power wash the underside (never been done).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got it, place a jack under the rear section of the tranny, unbolt the cross member. Assuming you have a v6, you will also have to remove the cross pipe on your exhaust.

Only problem I had when I replaced the filter in the trans in my former 94 was the metal tube inside of the pan. Had to reach in and unbolt it and remove it before the front of the pan would clear to remove.