Ok need help, search not returning any info.

Looking to find the exact size of the rear control arm bolts both upper and lower for a 1998 Pathy xe. If I can im going thru Fastenal or maybe another supplier I have heard mentioned on here but cant seem to find the post. I did do a search and have come up with no useful info. I also tried downloading the FSM and it didnt work either. Please help!

The 4x4parts.com kit is good but a bit pricey and they charge too much for shipping. It's much cheaper to just order the following part numbers from an online Nissan parts dealer (credit goes to Hawairish for supplying these in another thread):

Here's what you need*:

4x 55080-0W00B bolts

4x 54368-0W02A bolts

8x 08918-6441A nuts

*Just buy 8 of the cheaper bolts (54368). They are the same hardness, size, and thread pitch...and essentially length and thread length.

• Like 1

Looking to find the exact size of the rear control arm bolts both upper and lower for a 1998 Pathy xe. If I can im going thru Fastenal or maybe another supplier I have heard mentioned on here but cant seem to find the post. I did do a search and have come up with no useful info. I also tried downloading the FSM and it didnt work either. Please help!

The download didn't work?

B

Fastenal's prices and selection are weak. AC sells you OEM parts at twice the cost. You won't find anything better than OEM.

Ignoring cost momentarily, these bolts are one of the highest-torqued hardware on your entire truck. Do you really want to replace them with something other than OEM? And at what other benefit?

The OEM bolts run $1.62 and the nuts are $0.78 from courtesyparts.com...that's $19 before shipping. Shipping probably adds $12, but it's a good excuse to order up some other OEM parts you might want.

If you absolutely want to look elsewhere, the bolts are JIS 14mm x 1.5mm x 85mm and feature an integrated flange. One set of bolts has 30mm of exposed thread, the other has 35mm. The OEM nut is a prevailing torque flange nut with a flat shoulder, which you won't find anywhere except from Nissan.

The closest US Standard equivalent hex bolt is 9/16-18 x 3.5" and will have 1.25"-1.5" of exposed thread. They run about $2-$3, but you'll also need to use washers. Your choice of nylocks or lock washers and nuts. Personally, I prefer the OEM "less is more" approach.

I highly recommend boltdepot.com if you really want to go this route, or for any hardware needs. Great website, prices, inventory, and awesome return policy. I went through them for all my SFD hardware. One-stop shop, and returned a bunch of things without issue.

I have the hardware laying around if you need more details.

Edited by hawairish

I decided to go with the link i was given. I aint trying to cut corners but really wasent looking to blow the bank. Thanks for the info!

If you bought from 4x4parts link, you've already blown the bank. They're selling you the exact OEM parts I provided part numbers for. Only they charged you more.

If you bought from 4x4parts link, you've already blown the bank. They're selling you the exact OEM parts I provided part numbers for. Only they charged you more.

I havent bought anything yet.

I havent bought anything yet.

Sorry, I read as "I purchased at the [4x4parts] link...".

Nothing major against 4x4parts, they do have some good deals on parts, but definitely not when it comes to OEM parts.

Your best bet is really going with OEM. It's worth it. I just swapped my bushings a few months ago, so I'm (hopefully) not blowing smoke on this one. All I know is that I couldn't find a suitable combination of hardware that topped what OEM offered.

Check out courtesyparts.com and nissanparts.cc. Both are dealerships (TX & WA) that have very competitive prices for all OEM parts. I've used both religiously for the past 15 years or so. There's also a forum member here that runs the parts department at a Nissan dealership (in the Vendors section), so consider supporting that as well.

Sorry, I read as "I purchased at the [4x4parts] link...".

Nothing major against 4x4parts, they do have some good deals on parts, but definitely not when it comes to OEM parts.

Your best bet is really going with OEM. It's worth it. I just swapped my bushings a few months ago, so I'm (hopefully) not blowing smoke on this one. All I know is that I couldn't find a suitable combination of hardware that topped what OEM offered.

Check out courtesyparts.com and nissanparts.cc. Both are dealerships (TX & WA) that have very competitive prices for all OEM parts. I've used both religiously for the past 15 years or so. There's also a forum member here that runs the parts department at a Nissan dealership (in the Vendors section), so consider supporting that as well.

Ok so just checked out courtesy parts website and maybe its just their diagram but im having a hard time getting the correct part numbers for the bolts and nuts. I know that 4 bolts are long and 4 are short plus i think there is other differences too. I do agree that OEM is the better way to go. But that diagram is putting a butt whooping on my eyes!

The 4x4parts.com kit is good but a bit pricey and they charge too much for shipping. It's much cheaper to just order the following part numbers from an online Nissan parts dealer (credit goes to Hawairish for supplying these in another thread):

Here's what you need*:

4x 55080-0W00B bolts

4x 54368-0W02A bolts

8x 08918-6441A nuts

*Just buy 8 of the cheaper bolts (54368). They are the same hardness, size, and thread pitch...and essentially length and thread length.

Nevermind i just saw this! I will try these numbers and see what i come up with.

Check my notes here for additional information on why the long vs. short bolts probably isn't important. Just go with whichever is less expensive; they'll all fit (noting the snafu with the upper link front on the driver's side). My older post (pre-install) references the locations of long bolts vs. short bolts, though.