Shifting is too soft

copracr

I just got an 09 with 39k miles on it, and I am not happy with the shift firmness. Does anyone else feel it shifts like a 70's cadillac? Anyone make a tuner to firm it up a bit?

Otherwise I love it. I got the base model and like the spartan interior. It's more "truck-like" to me. And the 09 does not need the trans cooler bypassed, correct?

Thanks for any help, looking forward to some upgrades

I cant say I have ever heard of someone saying it shifts too soft! But to each their own. There are some tuners out there, but im not sure what they do for transmission shift points. I do know this, if you drive the vehicle more agressively, it will adapt to your driving style eventually. Side effects will be down fuel mileage and increased wear on a number of components. Nissan spends a lot of time/money on trying to make sure you dont really feel the shift at all. No, you dont have to bypass the radiator i a 09. The transmissions in these things are rather spendy, keep that in mind.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 2

I cant say I have ever heard of someone saying it shifts too soft! But to each their own. There are some tuners out there, but im not sure what they do for transmission shift points. I do know this, if you drive the vehicle more agressively, it will adapt to your driving style eventually. Side effects will be down fuel mileage and increased wear on a number of components. Nissan spends a lot of time/money on trying to make sure you dont really feel the shift at all. No, you dont have to bypass the radiator i a 09. The transmissions in these things are rather spendy, keep that in mind.

Thanks. maybe since my wife drives it mostly, it has adapted to her style. I personally prefer a more positive shift feel. I am pretty sure all this soft shifting wears clutch packs faster and thats not something I would want either.

I also have an 07 maxima with the CVT trans, and you really don't feel the gear change in that. j/k