vg30i Rebuild kit

Hey guys, hoping someone might be able to help me out. Last night after i revved my truck passing some friends, i developed what sounded like a rod knock. I made it home , and minutes into trying to diagnose, one rev up to 2000 rpm and the motor locked up. Im pretty sure my oil pump hasnt been working as it should, and i think it finally went and the conclusion was a bent rod. Im looking to rebuild the motor, does anyone know a good kit, i know theres plenty. Any advice would be appreciated.

Depending on your area it'd probably be easier to find a good used one and throw it in.

Most of the aftermarket parts aren't built nearly as well as the factory Nissan stuff, unless you go high end which is money.

When I rebuilt mine I used ACL bearings and Rock rings. Then again I didn't bend a rod. But the machine work plus the cost of parts was over $400.

If the motor locked up chances are the crank is no good, possibly a bad cylinder wall too which means the block is toast anyhow.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

You can use all your original accessories with the VG33 block. There are lots of members that have done it and have great detailed write ups. You can also Google it to find other write ups on how others have done it 'NissanNut'. You would want to find an Xterra or Frontier VG33 to make it the easiest...you won't have problems with the oil pan clearance.

Here is one example...but you can find many others here using the search function.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31418-building-a-vg34-and-installing-it-in-my-88-pathy/?hl=vg34