Paradise Ca trail ride anyone? Chico area or surrounding. ..

RCAR50

Looking to see if anyone wants to get off road this coming Sunday March 29th.

I'm 2wd, but I'll try anything if there's someone else there to help me out of jams, or just a nice trail ride with the family and dogs...

Anyone interested, chime in with ideas..

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I'm sorry I haven't been on in a while.

I really don't know much of this area as far as off road. I was hoping someone close would pop up and have a suggestion.

Hope your trip went well. ..

• 5 weeks later...

Lets do this! I want to do a meet anywhere on west coast. I know a bunch of us are in CA, OR, WA and BC/Vancouver. Kinda wanted to do a local-ish meet or maybe even 2, one north and one south. Suggested it to the kids on the Facebook, but they're kids, sooo... didn't happen.

I did get directed to the national Xterra / Path meet in TN, which sounds awesome, and in Tennessee.

As for Central Cal, Tahoe/Reno is a good middle ground for west coast. Tons of trails and camp grounds up in Sierras. Prairie City is out that way if we want a state OHV park in Cal. Or more towards the coast is Hollister Hills with 800 acres for trucks (3000 for quads n bikes), camping and picnick areas.

I would be willing to go to Shasta/Quincy, some great camping spots with a solid set of distance semi tech trails. Also be up for going south to Pismo which also has camping (Oceano Dunes) or Hungry Valley?

There are parks all over Chico Area. Private or state. You can look up local ohv allowed fire roads and trails through state park sites. Clay Pit is up there too, which is State OHV Park. OHV parks are way more fun, but the state forestry parks that allow OHV can be almost as fun if you know the right spots.

• Like 1

Lets do this! I want to do a meet anywhere on west coast. I know a bunch of us are in CA, OR, WA and BC/Vancouver. Kinda wanted to do a local-ish meet or maybe even 2, one north and one south. Suggested it to the kids on the Facebook, but they're kids, sooo... didn't happen.

I did get directed to the national Xterra / Path meet in TN, which sounds awesome, and in Tennessee.

As for Central Cal, Tahoe/Reno is a good middle ground for west coast. Tons of trails and camp grounds up in Sierras. Prairie City is out that way if we want a state OHV park in Cal. Or more towards the coast is Hollister Hills with 800 acres for trucks (3000 for quads n bikes), camping and picnick areas.

I would be willing to go to Shasta/Quincy, some great camping spots with a solid set of distance semi tech trails. Also be up for going south to Pismo which also has camping (Oceano Dunes) or Hungry Valley?

There are parks all over Chico Area. Private or state. You can look up local ohv allowed fire roads and trails through state park sites. Clay Pit is up there too, which is State OHV Park. OHV parks are way more fun, but the state forestry parks that allow OHV can be almost as fun if you know the right spots.

I'm down for hungry valley anytime!

Sounds like a good idea. If anyone else from the mid/northern area want to meet up let a brotha know. I just got back from San Francisco (3.5 hour drive) this truck ran so well.

I just need some tires and I'll go just about anywhere.

• 1 month later...

Apparently there are not a whole lot of people in La, Ventura or San Bernardino county on NPORA. Ohh well, looks like I'm stuck going with Jeeps that break down :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Running with Jeeps? Better bring the tow straps. :). JK I'm not prejudice, but I long line of pathys chugging along some wooded or rocky trail sounds like fun.

Just too bad there's no one in my hood that knows some good spots.

Hey

I ran a few trails west of Tahoe and some in the lost coast area recently. All pretty awesome and fun with moderate technical sections, camping and a cool points of interest. I recommend getting Tony Huegels books, which are more about getting out and far away from the crowded OHV, state and private parks while not breaking your rig on rock crawling severely technical and limiting trails. Mostly public lands with no fees, very few people and lots of gorgeous scenery.

I picked up the desert, Sierras and coastal editions. Way too many trails to choose from w GPS coordinates, trail descriptions and info on getting there.

Sounds like something I'll have to look into for sure.

Whereabouts are you located? Some coastal trails sound like a very fun weekend.

BTW...is that pic of your dog? Looks like a biggin'. We love pits...

I'm in Alameda. The guide books accompanied by a US DPT of Forestry map and GPS will provide so many fun trips. California has some of the best backcountry roads for camping/4x4 adventures.

The pic is of one of my 3. We have 2 pit bulls and a Boston. He seems tiny to me, still pickm up, but folks seem to comment on his big head a lot. I don't see it anymore.