Tire Carrier Rattles

ebayfish

My spare tire carrier has had developed a rattle. I assumed the bolts were loosening & I tightened them up yesterday. It turns out the hinge pin on the top hinge is actually making the noise. Is there a way to disassemble these hinge pins or otherwise service/silence them? If the radio is turned down, it gets annoying quickly.

You can also move the slide plate guide up a bit just undo the bolt and move it up. It's directly down from the the rear wiper. On the left side you have the catch guide where it locks into place on the right is the slide guide. Adjust it until it sits flush with the frame of the tail gate. Lubrication of the pivots is by opening up the tail gate and look for the small holes on the inside framework near where it pivots. Chain oil or silicone lube is good but any old oil will keep it going. Mine swings open with one finger.

mine started rattling about three weeks ago too. I ended up just welding the pins to the mount and it stopped the rattling. and I know its not the correct repair. but im already planning to replace the whole carrier on a later date.