Spiral Cable

So it all started my Air Bag light came on and I scaned it and said the sterring wheel air bag had an open somewhere.

Then later my horn worked intermittently. So I bought a spiral cable installed it; now my horn works and airbag light is reset but then the VDC off and SLIP lights came on. I read somewhere that the stealership needs to relearn the steering agle. I take it over there and they "relearned the ABS and all VDC controls." But now its undrivable with the VDC on as soon as I turn its says SLIP and activates the controls.

What gives? Spiral cable defective or maybe wrong part? Or did the stealership do something wrong?

What year is your rig?

Sounds like the Steering angle sensor needs to be reset. This will happen when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. It doesnt need to be reset by the dealer. Just drving it for a while and it will reset itself(a few days or more). So its stuck at the dealer and wont move?

What year is your rig?

Sounds like the Steering angle sensor needs to be reset. This will happen when the battery is disconnected or goes dead. It doesnt need to be reset by the dealer. Just drving it for a while and it will reset itself(a few days or more). So its stuck at the dealer and wont move?

Its a 2008. Thats what I told them about the steering angle needing reset. I wander if the ABS and VDC relearn is the same or what. Edited by keith.wilkinson.10