Going to step up to some swampers...

AndyC

Now I just need some help narrowing down which ones! Sorry I haven't been on the boards frequently. My pathy took a bit of a backseat to work and family. It's time for it to get a little love.

I've run Km1's and Km2's, both in a 33x10.5 I like the size, both performed very well off and on road, good wear characteristics. I'm now daily driving a Tundra, the Pathy will only see pavement in its way to the trails.

I'm from the PNW, we wheel a good mix of mud, rocks, dirt and snow, with lots of side wheeling. I'm looking into the various TSL range.

My choices are narrowed down to 33x10.50 TSL radial (great size, probably best road manors) 32x11.50 TSL Bias Ply (very tough sidewall, offroad durability, flat spots and worse tread wear) Or do I step it up to the 34x10.50 LTB?? I know the LTB would require more fender mods, would probably wreck havoc on the IFS also. But the LTB's are so aggressive they are hard to over look.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 32x11.50 Bias Ply. They measure out almost as tall as my current BFG's, and they have a little extra width.

Let me know your thoughts. I will be sure to post up pics and reviews regardless. Thanks!

My pathy took a bit of a backseat to work and family.

Happens to all of us, and I removed the duplicate posts (and to others, pointless posts about multiple posts is not helpful or useful to the community. Either report it in the correct manner to a mod/admin or ignore it, wait for a mod to see it (which usually don't take long) and keep your (also deleted by me) comments about it to yourself.

• Like 1

I know this about the Bias ply- if your rig sits for any amount of time, you will get flat spots(as you stated) and they will not be fun to drive with. They will most certianly destroy your front end(unless you've updgraded) and the ride will suck on the way to the trail(unless it's going to be a trailer queen). I'd go with the TSL radials personally. But, why such a aggressive tire?

Nunya, sorry about the multiple posts. Had no idea, every time I tried to post the original I got a message saying it had failed to upload. Sure didn't want a bunch of duplicate threads! My apologies.

5523, I'm going aggressive because I've run other MT's, been happy with their performance. I just want to see what a true, dedicated offroad tire can do. Now that I'm not DDing the rig, I'd like to give it a shot.

TSL are alright. But one thing I've noticed on rigs down here. Is they don't wear to well. Even short drives to the trail and if the trail is a lot of rock or corral like here. They chunk up fast.

Sent from my Moto X

They do have 32x11.5 tires. In Bias Ply only. Don't be fooled. Their Growler is a extreme aggressive A/T tire. Pretty much its a mud tire. Definitely not something I would DD calling it a A/T tire. heh

But, if you have better options with the Super Swampers, then I would go that route. As for size, look at the cost too. Are the 32x11.5 $50+ more a tire? Then is it worth that extra money for that particular size? VS the money saved could be put to better use? Spare tire! Even as a dedicated rig, having a proper spare is vital. If you wreck a tire on the trail. An are good with a spare. But now, you have to replace that one bad tire. Will it be a PITA to get a replacement?

Just a few things I thought of.

The 32x11.5 sounds like a nice tire, however the 33x10.5 sounds like you can really up your PSI on actual contact area. Which, on rocky surfaces is better in the end.

Ended up with 33x12.50 federal couragia MT's. I'd love to post up a pic but tapatalk has failed all over this thread. Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll update on how they wear/perform. Reviews are mixed but for how I plan on using them they should be good.