235x75r15 tire on 15x10 rim

dirtbike23

My question would be... Why ?

My answer would be... It's possible , don't they call this "hella flush" or something similar ?

My opinion would be... Don't do it .

No, bad idea even if they can be made to physically fit, which I doubt.

The stock pathfinders that had 235/75/15 tires used 5.5 or 6" rims, and 31x10.5" tires were on 7" rims.

B

For example: http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/customizing/rim_wheel_width/

P235/75R15=6.0-8.0" width rim

Edited by Precise1

If you could get it to seat up (gonna definitely require a bead-blaster), it's just a broke-bead waiting to happen. If you understand what I'm saying. The tire is going to be constantly ready for the situation when the air pressure is low enough for it to slip the bead back inside and collapse the tire.

This is just plain wrong, and most reputable tire shops wouldn't mount it for you. Get some Legos!

FYI. I ran 15 x 10 for years and while they ride nice down the highway, they make the pathy ride like a tank. Depends on your preference, but I really started to miss the nimble handling it had stock, so I went to light weight and moderate width alloy rims to fit my 33x12.5x15 tires and I have not regretted it! My fuel mileage and hill climbing power also has let me know that it appreciates the change as well!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use 235/75/r15s on my 1968 Jeep with 15x8 wheels. Even that is pushing it too far, you can see it. Airing down is questionable, really shouldn't be done on a wheel wider than 6, maybe 6.5 inches.

Only reason I still use them is I'm still trying to decide what the next tires will be.