Trim Packages?

JamieXD

Sooooo what are the differences between the trim packages - STD, E, SE, XE?

My 89 shows to be a XE when I decoded the VIN & has the XE badge on the rear BUT, my rig has an open rear diff & the gauge cluster looks like an SE as per EL-54 in the FSM.

Tried looking for any stickies or similar threads, but it doesn't seem like a common question.

They mean little to nothing. This has been discussed countless times over the years and there is very little consistency in package features because almost all options were exactly that, options, across all trim levels.

• Like 1

I've never had the STD package, but I've had two Chilkoots. Usually it's XE, SE and LE. With the Chilkoot and Chinooks and was there a Klondike? The last three might just be Canadian models.

I've never had the STD package, but I've had two Chilkoots. Usually it's XE, SE and LE. With the Chilkoot and Chinooks and was there a Klondike? The last three might just be Canadian models.

I'm not too sure what you're talking about.

R50s, Canadians had more 'packages' than US spec ones. As for wd21 trim levels, it's just a sticker and what someone checked off on the build sheet. No real method to the madness other than the fact there's a "SE Offroad" selection on the forum here so people tend to pick that over their true trim level because it adds e-points...

R50s, Canadians had more 'packages' than US spec ones. As for wd21 trim levels, it's just a sticker and what someone checked off on the build sheet. No real method to the madness other than the fact there's a "SE Offroad" selection on the forum here so people tend to pick that over their true trim level because it adds e-points...

Oh ok, now what he was saying makes sense haha

Sorry JamieXD, my mistake I missed your trucks year. I was thinking R50, and yes we have some other models in Canada.