$325 Craigslist ARB bumper find

Dma251

Just picked this up today. Unfortunately it has been modified for a 3" BL, so tomorrow I'm going to de-modify and hopefully get it mounted up.

I'll take some pics.

IMG_2871.jpgIMG_2872.jpgIMG_2873.jpg

• Like 1

The way I found it was by watching my local craigslist until I saw one on a $1200 bad-tranny pathfinder. I wrote the guy the first day and told him I'd give him $300 for and bring him a stock bumper he could put back on. After a couple weeks of no interest in the pathfinder, he took me up on my offer. We settled at $325 and I did the removal.

It worked out good for both of us. I'm going back to score the UCA's for $100 in a week or two.

I was really specificly trying to find an ARB bumper. I want my pathfinder to look era-appropriate, and back in the 90's, the ARB was one of very few choices and really looked good on the rather plain snout of the WD21. It's a good compromise of lightweight, but sturdy design. I gonna have to beef it up when I put a winch in it, though. That's a few months away.

If you want to find one of these cheap, start watching CL and throw some lines in the water...

It was a blue 93 auto, and the owner said he bought it from original owner (who had installed the ARB w/o winch), and then he had a friend cut and weld it 3" higher. The son put a 3" BL, and superlift UCA's on it.

In a former life I worked in LE, and nothing during my time around the owner aroused my suspicion. Seemed like a dad trying to help his son get the most from a bad-automatic-pathfinder.... Definitely not a unique situation!

Edited by Dma251

Here's what I did today. Cut out the raised section and re-weld it back where it was originally. I am gonna have some seriously black boogers tonight...

IMG_2876.jpgIMG_2878.jpgIMG_2879.jpgIMG_2887.jpgIMG_2889.jpg

I know, it seems like everybody does a body-lift on these, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I use my pathfinder to explore and boondock on forest roads. It does this pretty well on 31" and just a little lift. I used to have a HB, and I did a BL on that. I like sitting close to the frame!

I'm gonna get this guy to sell me his superlift UCAs and then I'll level it out. It's a great rig. Next is arb lockers.

I'm surprised that it doesn't have a mounting plate for the winch, unless the previous modifier removed it. Was the winchmount a separate piece?

It is build in, see the four holes in the front? That is the winch mounting point, I have the same bumper and have a winch mounted inside :aok:

This. The winch mount orientation is foot forward, which is the best way from my understanding,

B

I like that. It makes sense. The bumper polished up very nicely with some cleaner/wax. The seller threw in a set of 55w KC LX2 wide driving lights, and after rewiring them with 16/2 SO cord, mounted them up front. I'll wire them to a relay tomorrow.

Yep, it does!

LOL, the free lights don't hurt! I also bought a used ARB, but not nearly as cheap as you did. It came with 2 Hella fog lights and a frozen winch. I fitted some 4" Hella Optilux HIDs as well, wired through relays. Those things throw out some serious light and only 35watts draw. :aok:

B