Need some help in or near Dallas TX

packmule

Hey All! Does anybody live in or near North Dallas that would be willing to go look at a pathfinder for sale? I am interested in one there:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4870579907.html

However the gentleman that owns it is not...shall we say.... a Pathfinder aficionado. He doesn't seem to understand why I want so much information and pictures of it. As you all know, most things are too good to be true. I Am not local to Texas and would have to make the drive from Missouri down there and don't want to come up empty handed. This truck SEEMS to have a lot going for it, but I can't be sure from the "great" pictures. He is obviously not a cameraman either. NOT that that's a bad thing, but for this purpose it is. I basically need someone to look it over and text me some pictures and walk around it, take a test drive, and talk to me on the phone and let me know if its worth what he's asking. And see if it has RUST! I would be more than happy to compensate for gas and time, and perhaps lunch? I can pay through paypal for convenience.

Let me know if you can help!

Feel Free to PM me

Thanks,

Steve

I've being trying to see that one myself ever since he posted it. i would love to help but every chance i get it rains (covers up hidden rust) , snows, iced over or i just cant get away.

I've been watching it since it was posted also. He initially wanted 4500, and I called him and talked to him. He was not helpful with a description or anything. He told me he just uses it for offroading, and basically just tearing it up. Which is unfortunate, because it seems like a nice truck. I asked for more pictures, you know, like maybe a "clear" picture of anything? Nothing. This is just one of those "have to go look at it yourself" kind of deals. I've driven too far already to look at B.S. I'm not trekking all the way to Texas with my car dolly and coming home with nothing. Been there, done that. I think I kind of ticked him off because I texted him for a while trying to get some info and basically told him that for 4500, it should be dam near perfect. Which its not. That's why he lowered the price. Oh well, maybe someone will help me or maybe its just not meant to be. Either way, the search continues......

You're right, 4500 for a WD21 would be like, mint perfection. I think this guy has modded it up, it's got a clutch on it and that engine is not a vg30, the egr is sitting where the intake manifold should be! It also looks lifted. I think that's why he had it at 4500 and now he's getting rid of either because he's bored with it and wants to do something else, which I completely understand....OR he has come to a fundamental disagreement with it, like it needs a new front end or maybe just the fact it's not a single axle suspension. I'm really suspicious of that engine pic, but he doesn't mention any engine swap in the add, that looks like a v8 but it's hard to tell.

I'm in Houston, if he were near me I probably would have gone and looked at it but he's about 5 hours from me, sorry man.

As far as the engine goes,I'm not real familiar with what it looks like out of the truck. I know he said he rebuilt it because he said when he got it, it had a spun bearing or something. I was a little suspicious when he said he put a racing clutch in it. A Pathfinder with a racing clutch is kinda like my Prius in a dirt track race. WTF? Comical really. This pathy has a lot of options going for it, and I would gladly give it the life it deserves and the love to make it last until my 2yr old son is old enough to enjoy it. I just would hate to go that far away and discover it's not what it seems.

UPDATE:

Curiosity got the best of me. I drove the 615 miles to see it. Sadly, I have to report that I didn't bring it back with me. Price started at $4500 then he lowered it to 2900. He then offered it to me at 2500. Then he said 2300 in the end, and it was so bad I couldn't even justify the 2000 I offered. Bad,bad,bad! No rust,but trashed beyond recovery. Terrible. It had EVERY option you could get on it.

Oh well, at least we know now.

sorry to hear that. ive gone on the rule if its on there longer then 2 weeks its likely a POS but not in every case 99% of them are. ive driven to denver and back a few times and i found out that a lot of the time even running a carfax doesnt always show hidden accidents.