WD21 tail light removal

RobbieMac

Can someone help me please... How do you remove the tail; lights from a WD 21? I think the lens has to be removed to get to the bolts that hold it in. If this is so, how do you get the lens off without cracking it? Any assistance will be most appreciated. Thank you, Rob.

I have no pic off hand but if i remember, you should have 3 x10mm nuts inside the fender. remove them and pull the light assembly gently backward. all bulbs are on a quarter turn socket and can be removed without tool.

Philippe.

Many thanks, Phillipe. They are now out! Took me a while to get a good view of those nuts - not easy to see in that tight, dark space. I thought the 3 nuts (they are 8mm on mine) were something else at first. Again, thank you, Rob.

Many thanks, Phillipe. They are now out! Took me a while to get a good view of those nuts - not easy to see in that tight, dark space. I thought the 3 nuts (they are 8mm on mine) were something else at first. Again, thank you, Rob.

Welcome, :aok: .

Philippe.

I remember doing my tail light, I just looked at the new one I had to put in, there's three bolt screws, one on the top, one about half way down the side and one at the base. I used that as a reference to feel around in there to feel where the screws go. Managed to feed a 8mm? socket in there to get the screws, I thought they would be finger tight but they need a bit more than that to ensure a good seal. The screw at the top is a biarch to get to, especially with a socket. There's hardly any room in there if you've got Paul Bunyan hands.

I just took the plastic door thing off and shine a torch in there. It's like ear canal surgery, because you have to try and crane your head around into that space. There's also a white plastic connector you can unclip for the globes. The new tail light just clip the connector back in, it's plug n play.