trailer hitch

joshboy22

Pretty much, all name brand hitches are good, my personal preference is Curt or Reese, but as long as it's a class 3 and no-drill installation it'll work just the same. Shop around and get whichever one you can get cheaper. Also keep an eye on craigslist, I picked up an oem Nissan hitch for free for my '01 (not typical, but can also be found cheap).

I took a factory one off a '98 and put it on my'03 which just had the little tow plates on it. It's a direct bolt on swap, between those years anyway. You might find one at a wrecking yard.

Edited by kdj

I've put one of these on a 1999.0 and a 2002 with identical/perfect fitment. Unless you find a used one somewhere, it is about as cheap as you can go.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33774-reese-trailer-hitch-is-a-good-deal/?p=634861

U-haul will have something very similar, and for a good price as well, but may include free mounting...

B

I got my class III from etrailers.com, it's made by draw-tite, and had the most clearance in that it stuck out the least. I've used it to haul a motorcycle rack with motorcycle about 1000 miles with no issues, and has taken some pretty nasty hits off road.