Dashboard lights staying on

MMPathfinder

Hi I'm looking for some help with an issue that I have with my 2005 Pathfinder. The dashboard light come on and do not go off (Slip, ABS, 4WD, etc.) The SUV drives correctly but it is annoying having the telemetry lights lit.

I have noticed that the light come on mostly when it is cold outside but it is getting more frequent.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks

Shot in the dark here, but I had an issue like that on a non-Nissan vehicle (08 Subaru WRX) and the problem was a bad brake pedal sensor (switch). The traction control module basically had some conflicting information between it and the various other sensors, and consequently disabled those systems (in my case, all traction related lights, 3-4 of them, came on).

The take-away is there's probably a faulty sensor that is disabling the systems (or at least indicating a problem). I would think the FSM might indicate what the condition is.

Thank you for your inputs. I have had the codes checked and there was nothing that seemed abnormal in the scan - (gas cap leak giving vacuum leak failure but nothing electronic)

I was reading about connector and harness issues that some other people had been having. Where do you think I would look to find the dashboard connectors?

MM

You need to find someone who can scan abs codes. the dealer can do this.

I agree. The 2005 FSM has an entire section dedicated to the brake control. While it does suggest checking harnesses, it does also indicate that all three lights being on indicates a malfunction.

Probably wouldn't hurt to read through it and to get some ideas of possible causes. The FSM reminded me that even trivial items, like a tire with low pressure, or different tire in a set (i.e., 1 tire different from the other 3), could even set it off. Tiny details from various sensors. For my WRX, there was a tiny delay in the brake switch signal...the car was sensing the braking of the car before the brake pedal was being applied...equals "does not compute".

Edited by hawairish

So this is the closes post to my situation. This past weekend we had snow and i had to break quick and ABS went off. It worked great and i drove away but the ABS light stayed on for the rest of the trip. When i started it up later the light was gone so im not sure what happened but should i be good now or is something going on?

So this is the closes post to my situation. This past weekend we had snow and i had to break quick and ABS went off. It worked great and i drove away but the ABS light stayed on for the rest of the trip. When i started it up later the light was gone so im not sure what happened but should i be good now or is something going on?

Checked your brake fluid level or brake pads? BR-51 and BR-63 of the 2001.5 FSM also have some diagnostic steps to try.