automatic body lift?

Guest Halloween_Harry

Guest Halloween_Harry

hey its my first post, i would have done the getting to know you thing, but my question is time sensitive.

my tires are pretty warn down so i need new ones, fast. im looking at some 31x10.50-15 super swampers and it looks like that would do fine... although bigger tires would be cool. ;) i would like to install a body lift. the only this is that i have an automatic... is that going to be a problem?

i can install the lift then get new tires, maybe 32x11.50-15, if that would work. but what ever i do its gotta be some time soon. heh, my tires tread is going fast.

so can anyone help me out and tell me if i can install a body lift on an automatic, and if so are there any problems i need to watch out for?

thank yall for your time.

the automatic tranny is cable actuated, so you shouldnt have any problems.

although you have to doa t case drop, and numerous other little things. but all of the mountig hardware should be included in the kit. you may want to move your bumper up too. if i recall i read that there are already holes in the frame to do this so it should be simple.

Guest Halloween_Harry

hey, thanks. i will read up on it before i do anythig though. plus i will be a little straped for cash after the tires, that are a must have so i dont know if im going to end up lifting.

anyone else know any other problems i might have?

Blackpath is smoking some good stuff, curiously while I'm watching a bio on Jimmy Hendrix on VH1. :Magic: A body lift is a body lift, separate body from frame. No Tcase drop, no suspension anything, nada. All you're doing really is sticking some big chunks of plastic between the body and the frame at the mounting points. Obviously, there's a bunch of work to be had, but still.

ohh right my bad.

the AC BL has a t-case extension, i thought it said drop for some reason.

it might be all of the stuff ive been reading on jeep forum cuz ive got nothing else to do that is making my mind go crazy.

but anywho i wanna do one sometime.

AC also sells a radiator drop down kit and body lift liners, so it seems to me there's more stuff we need than what the BL kit has. Well, I knew body lift liners is just a matter of appearance. What about the radiator drop down kit?

The AC kit doesn't have an extension for the T-case shift lever, at least not the one I got. You don't need the radiator drop down kit unless you start having cooling issues after the lift. Body lift liners do make it look a little better and less ghetto (and keeping all that stuff under there a bit cleaner).

Guest Halloween_Harry

yeah, the T-case shift lever was about the only thing i was worried about. i think ill go ahead and buy a 3inch lift from a local store, the price is right and it sounds like it comes with just about everything.

i kinda solved my tire problem, i got some 31x10.50x15s on the back which work quite nice and i put the rear tires on the front for now. im raising my Tbars today before i get the front end aligned tomorrow so that im not screwing with stuff after they work on it.

I recently recieved and installed my lift from Performance Accessored (via AC) as well, and there was nothing in the way of a t-case extension. I have a 5 speed and everbody says the install is the same, because the cable actuated tranny on the auto models. The best solutions for the t-case seems to be to fab your own extension or get a shifter from a Nissan Harbody truck. Mine shifts just fine except that the boot crushes and wants to push it out of gear. I you decide to create a different shift boot, you may not have to do anything else. :shrug:

Edited by Mr. Pickles