Just got an R50! Love it so far.

0merta

Hey, finally found a good site dedicated to the Pathfinder! I'm excited.

Anyway, picked up a used 2000 Pathfinder SE just before Christmas. Sold my heavily modded 2001 Eclipse to get something larger and better in the snow up here in MN, and that is exactly what I got.

Told myself I wouldn't mod the Nissan, but I got the bug after joining the Pathfinder R50 Facebook page. Hoping to do some exterior mods as I'm already comfortable inside. I'm thinking a small lift, cargo carrier/light bar, and bull/brush bar, and of course wheels and tires.

But for now, just getting the truck maintenance done. It has 187k on it. Replaced the air filter, did an oil change, and replaced the factory TB coupler as she had a nice crack in her. Changed the three acc. belts, next up is the power steering rack.

The truck itself is from Colorado, but the underside is VERY clean and rust free. I was shocked at how clean it was considering Colorado uses road salt/brine for anti-icing.

Anyway, enough crap. Here is the truck the day I picked it up. I've since removed the rusty nerf bars and replaced the broken antennae with a non-power unit from an LE Pathfinder from the pick yard.

10433753_10205385209251281_3034802817157

15497_10205385209411285_3767937919771687

• Like 1

I think he is commenting on the fact that it is different. Perhaps it is the spare? :shrug:

Hey, finally found a good site dedicated to the Pathfinder! I'm excited.

Anyway, picked up a used 2000 Pathfinder SE just before Christmas. Sold my heavily modded 2001 Eclipse to get something larger and better in the snow up here in MN, and that is exactly what I got.

Told myself I wouldn't mod the Nissan, but I got the bug after joining the Pathfinder R50 Facebook page. Hoping to do some exterior mods as I'm already comfortable inside. I'm thinking a small lift, cargo carrier/light bar, and bull/brush bar, and of course wheels and tires.

Damn, really? Where? Got a link?

:lol:

Welcome to NPORA, and congrats on your 'new' Pathy!

Sounds like you have the right idea, just make it a little better and customize it some. Nothing you said is drastic or hard, or will significantly change the ride and handling characteristics, so why not? :shrug:

B

Welcome...I think he meant the other three didn't match the lone one. Is the '00 15" or 16"? The three are the same looking as the 16X7's salt eaten aluminums my '03.

Thanks! Is there something special about it or it that an insider joke I don't understand...... :)

Well it's a different rim than all the others...is it not?! It has more offset and a lip. Looks good. The others are stockers

Ohh okay. I read trim. Lol.

The wheels on it are all 16". I figured the mismatching wheel was the spare as it is missing from its cubby under the truck. I do like it, and wish the others were the same. But oh well.

Thanks for the welcomes.

nice truck! almost the same as mine...I would be thinking about doing the timing belt/ water pump replacement as you are getting close to the recommended service interval.

I've got 4 of the stock aluminum 5 spokes if you want them, they are just taking up space in my shed....though you'll have to come and get them.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome and congrats. These Pathfinders are fun to drive especially if they have 4x4 and 5 speed manual. Like mine! lol.

I did my oil change over the weekend and to my surprise the oil filter is situated as perfect and accessible not like other vehicles where oil just spills all over the place when your oil filter is set so cramped and at a bad angle. Thanks Nissan! Going to be doing the timing belt and water pump this month too.

The only thing missing on my Pathy is the tow hitch and harness for the brake/signal lights. I'm looking for one anybody selling theirs.

Edited by Rons50