Junkyard Scores! Post whatcha got at a steal and make the rest of us jealous...

RCAR50

So I thought this might be a good idea and I searched first and didn't see another like it, if I just missed it toss a brotha a link.

Remember we are a respectable bunch here so post what you got at a steal of a price, not what you stole from the junkyard... we all leave there with some little piece unpaid for but lets not brag about that part... :blush:

I'll start!!!

I ran to the junkyard just to see what they had and boy did I leave happy.

I scored a mirror for the passenger side that got broke a few weeks ago, I got the rear cargo light lens, the rear wind spoiler for above the hatch window and ....a full complete adjustable roof rack with the cross bars and everything along with a couple small parts for our chevy for a grand total of $41.31 :laugh: I'm stoked!!!!

Now I get to put it all on... that'll be a couple weeks away though.

Whos next??

I searched first and didn't see another like it

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

There are plenty of people who make 'junkyard' threads. Do you search the word tomato or something man?

And no, we don't "all" pocket stuff from junkyards, some of up openly walk into the pay office of you pull it yards with our tool bags open to happily show we are only leaving with what we pay for.

That being said I have gotten many parts for myself and others here from both you pull it yards and pay-and-have-it-handed-to-you yards.

• Like 1

$45 is a great price I'd say... I was looking for one from an xterra but was more than pleased with a stock unit for $20.

Ok nunya....I realize your SuperMod and I suck. Please lock this thread or hell delete it and I'll refrain from ever hitting the start new topic button again.

And no I don't search tomato "man". I used potato and saw absolutely nothing regarding junkyard scores...

And if there is a junkyard score thread, I'd like to read through it so please pm me a link after tossing this one.

Thanks.

Super mod? Far from it. Using the excuse "I searched and didn't find anything like it" annoys me as if you clicked the link I posted you will find plenty that are "just like it". I understand your a new member here and are excited to be part of the community, but don't use lame excuses just because you want to make a bunch of new threads or are some post count collector. Yes, our search function here ain't the greatest but it does still work (and there are some tips pinned in the "new people start here section"). Remember, this community is run by volunteers and we are all humans. Some of us have particular things that irk them. You unfortunately found one of mine. If you have a problem with me or my view of it, please feel free to pm me about it and we can civilly (I would hope) discuss it.

now where you basically openly admit to pocketing unpaid for things from yards on a public forum... whether you mean an alternator or 3 fuses, that is something you may want to think a second about before clicking enter although I'm sure it was 'just meant for a laugh'

• Like 1

It's cool nunya, I'm not mad or have a problem with you or anything like that. I am excited to be part of this community and don't care about post counts or that kind of stuff, means nothing to me.

As far as the search..your right it does suck on this site, but I tried it and missed and collective junkyard score thread. I actually think I found my issue with the search. Need to notice if I'm searching this topic or the whole forum... I admit my mistake.

Ya the junkyard pocket items was mostly in gist and I'm talking about the couple panel clips when buying a door skin etc. I would not steal anything of value or not included with my item. I understand how junkyards work and to keep standard prices as good as they are here it requires honesty and not damaging other pieces when collecting yours.

Let's squash our little feud here and move on... thanks.

I picked up a rear Kaminari wing for a Z31 300zx for $26. Sold it the next day for $400. Got some Nissan manual hubs for like $5, the same day I bought Rancho lift UCAs for $25 and sold them for $130. Wish I'd have kept those though.

Junkyards suck here, but the most I've gotten was my red "4WD" badge from an isuzu rodeo. Then a few random emblems I liked the look of, nothing I've put on a car. :laugh:

I try to swing by mine at least once a month to see what's new, if you ever need something pm me and I can check next time I'm there. I could ship it to you if it's worth it .

• Like 1

From the JY all Ive gotten was a switch that I modded to use for my 6 incher lights and a couple jumpers since I broke the clip on the one in the truck.

As for craigslight, got a dealer option grill guard with headlight wings for $80 and a set of Hella 500 lights from a buddy for free.

As crazy as it sounds... a HEI distributor for a GM.

Was searching the two U-Pull-Its in my area for years for one. They told me this item is the first thing to go in their yards. I finally scored one for $13.00 (all the other yards wanted $50 - $75). Got it only because no one else was able to get the crumpled hood open.

Have also scored two 3.55 sure-grips for $40.00 a piece.

I found these a few months back.
96mgWt.jpg

Haven't put them on the truck yet, waiting to get new lock cylinders put in them, and a point in my life where I can afford to snowboard.

Grabbed a pop out cup holder from a 93 Maxima this morning. Looks like it should bolt up right under my radio.

Also have been stocking up on spare relays and fusible links. Found a large blue relay in a Pathfinder this morning, It has four wires, but split between two plugs.

I'm still looking for a temp sensor from a maxima (can't find one with the temp sensor in the rad?), a Hardbody transfer shifter, and some TBI parts from the two doors.

Paid 80$ for two almost brand new KYB Gr-2s (struts) off an infiniti the other day. Came with springs and top hats. Felt like that was a pretty good deal :)

Edit: For meaning "Struts"

Edited by Kyle94
  • Like 1

I went back today and grabbed the sun visors, under dash fuse cover and an old chevy truck horn because mine sounds more like squeezing a rubber ducky the a horn..$12 :)