Heater blower motor not working

Nay-Sayer

I have a 2001 Pathfinder with 210k miles on the clock. Recently the heater/AC blower motor died. Before the blower motor died, I was having issues with the on/off/speed switch for the blower motor. The switch would never select the correct blower speed. Now, the blower motor wont come on at all. I checked what appeared to be the correct fuses and they were both ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have a 2001 Pathfinder with 210k miles on the clock. Recently the heater/AC blower motor died. Before the blower motor died, I was having issues with the on/off/speed switch for the blower motor. The switch would never select the correct blower speed. Now, the blower motor wont come on at all. I checked what appeared to be the correct fuses and they were both ok. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Most likely the resistor if it's manual controls. Very easy and quick fix, I'll see if I can dig up the p/n.
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Side note: in my buddies Jeep Cherokee. When his resiter died. It also burnt up the wires from thr selector switch to the resister. We had to rebuild that harness. I'd shoot your wires. Make sure they are good.

Sent from fat fingers on S6

• 6 months later...

Nope, just unplug the bugger and you should be able to see the electrical connections to hook the test leads too. Kind of a tight fit but doable. I'd remove it anyway if you haven't recently just to clean it out and make sure the fan spins freely.

Ok, as it turns out, the blower motor is bad. I pulled it out and it has two part numbers on it. 3H770 and 610100. A Google search on both of those numbers doesn't turn up anything definitive. I'm trying to figure out which part is the correct replacement part. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.