Richloam Run Jan 24-25 and Feb 21-22

Soulust

To all those in the area, I am planning to hit up the muddy trails of Richloam WMA. If all goes as planned I will be out there Jan 24-25 and Feb 21-22 2015 with a friend or two with their Jeeps. Here is a Link to some pictures of what you can expect to see as far as mud trails. Not all trails are so deep that you need a snorkel but they are out there. Most trails can be tackled by a stock Jeep with AT/MT tires so dont be discourage. This will be my 1st trip to Richloam and I plan to camp over night as they allow primitive camping. I have been all through Ocala National Forest and hope that Richloam is as good as the pics make it look. I welcome anyone in the area to join.

Hope to see some of you there :welcome:

- Soulust

Edited by Soulust

• 2 weeks later...

The third photo on google images is not promising. Its a jeep on its side almost completely submerged!

Im just moving to Mississippi this week. How far is that from MS? Might be a fun get away for a weekend!

Not knowing where you are in Mississippi I just picked the middle - Bienville National Forest - and it looks like about 9.5 Hrs@ 657 miles. But there are PLENTY of places closer to Mississippi than Richloam for some good trails. Even Georgia has some great trails. An easy way to find them is to just google " Jeep Trails <Local Area where you live>"

Good Luck

Edited by Soulust

Not knowing where you are in Mississippi I just picked the middle - Bienville National Forest - and it looks like about 9.5 Hrs@ 657 miles. But there are PLENTY of places closer to Mississippi than Richloam for some good trails. Even Georgia has some great trails. An easy way to find them is to just google " Jeep Trails <Local Area where you live>"

Good Luck

Good guess! Im currently in progress with moving to the Jackson area.

Thats kinda far for a weekend of wheeling. Dang.

From the little bit Ive seen on the net it seems like there will be more mud than Im used to up north. Where I used to live it was all sand, rocks, trees and mountains. Even the pass between my town and the next was at least 1000 feet for gain.