Wheein' on Feb 8th

5523Pathfinder

Ok, its time for some winter wheeling. So, I have some younger guys at my work whoare dieing to go out on a trial ride. I told them about Tahuya ad they are down. My friend in his Xterra(who just got some new BFG A/T KO2's) a my bro-in-law(Land Rover) is also down.I figured I would toss it out to everyone here if anyone would like to go. I've been to Tahuya about 6 times now and for the most part, its pretty easy. It is winter, so expect to get wet. Tahuya has several watery places, but nothing that will flood your rig out(except for Mud Lake). Stock rigs can do this trail run, with little modifications. We will be meeting at the Safeway in Belfair at 9:30 and should be on the trail arond 10. Be sure to bring food and water! Its nice to have a CB for communication, but not necessary. Dont forget your cameras! Let me know if your interested if you have any other questions.

Superbowl Sunday? That might reduce the number of possible people willing to go :shrug:

Ah crap! Ok, that's not going to work! I didn't even think of that. The day was suggested by one of the guys from my work. Ok, hold on, I will figure a new date!

But, if my team(I won't say thier name due to superstition) doesn't get there, I might rather wheel! Maybe I will move it out a week. STAY TUNED!

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

• 2 weeks later...

So the day was a blast as always(even though its Tahuya). It was wet, but I thought it would be worse than it was. Mud lake was not teribbly deep as I have seen it before. There was plenty of mud to be had, but the trails were clear. I met guy out there who was in a white pathfinder and he asked me a bunch of questions. Of course, I pointed him this way and hopefully he joins. There were a bunch of built jeeps cruisin around all day. Come to find out, Carl Jants the owner of Super Jeep(from Alaska Off Road Warriors show) was supposed to be there, but we never came across him, nor did all the Jeepers we encountered. Only had one real mishap and that was with a Cherokee that a kid from my work brought(my bosses son). It died and wouldnt start as we hit a forest road. We tried to figure it out, but was unable to. We towed him out and to a parts house(he was calling his dad for a tow). We kept playing and had fun. I used my new Kodak camera and shot video of almost the entire trail. Some others had cameras and stuff too, so I hope to pass along some of the goodness soon!

• Like 1