Idea for a build

djeffrey

Hello everyone. My buddy just rolled his stock 93 XE. 150k miles. I have my own pathfinder and love it. Have done a lot of work to it. Anyway. I bought this scrapped pathy, all looks straight except the body. I was thinking it would be cool to cut the back off just behind the rear seat. Then build the frame to accept a hardbody bed on it. So I would have a 4 door pickup. Any thoughts on that? Had anyone seen one? Other ideas to do to this pathy? Thanks!

That would be a great deal of work, besides finishing the back cab, at least shortening the bed, probably moving the rear axle, extending driveshafts, lines, etc. In addition the sloped bodyline behind the rear door would probably look odd. If its just a beat around vehicle, you could always cut out the rear window & back roof. I've seen a lot of people do this with Cherokees to make a little truck bed instead of the cargo space. I've seen some fully finished, some always open & a couple covered in the rear with a snap in style vinyl cover (similar to a boats windows)

A lot of 4 runner guys chop the back and make a short box out of it. Look up the 4 door nissan Navara. It came as a d21 chassis with 4 doors and a short box, obviously was never sold in North America but it shows that it can fit if you get creative. I was going to do the exact same thing to my pathy, but decided to get a utility trailer instead to haul things that would need a box.

I also didn't want to lose my converted bed inside the back of the pathy :P