Glow plug light blinking

Pathoo

Hi,

Recently, the glow plug signal started to light up intermittently on my Terrano (year 92, TD27T).

I haven't noticed any pattern, when the engine is running the light turns on randomly for a few seconds (sometimes longer) and then switches off. This doesn't happen very often, maybe a dozen of time during a 200k trip.

When I put the key in the ignition, the preheating seems to work properly most part of the time (8 out of 10 I'd say): the light turns on for ~5 sec and then off (I can hear the click from the relay).

Sometimes the light stays on forever and I don't hear the click, I wait for a bit and then start the engine (without any problem).

I suspect the glow plug relay is faulty, the problem is that I have no idea where to find it (from the sound of the click. I believe it is somewhere behind the battery).

Here are a few pictures of the area (this is a right handed vehicle if that matters).

P1052865.jpg

P1052866.jpg

P1052867.jpg

Could somebody let me know where the glow plug relay is ? What is the part number ?

I'd like to replace this problem ASAP but I'll probably have to order the part online which might take some time.

Do you think this is a problem to drive the car in the meantime ?

I was 1000k from home when it started to behave and I already drove back without any issue.

Thanks a lot for you help !

Mike