How cold is it?

bushnut

More wonderful weather in the North State. 72 this week, only mid 60's today but no rain in site. Bad for the drought but great to get my latest remodel done. Not sure if I could handle living on the Canadian border again. Our northern neighbors have it brutal !!!!

Only just below freezing here. Just wearing a hoodie outside now...

How many were you wearing today? A little cooler today... -25 C around Ottawa this morn. I heard.

Me too. Plus long johns,extra wool socks, boot liners and winter boots, Plaid shirt and bush jacket over t-shirt , then insulated coveralls with parka. Not to forget the hat and gloves and an ice scraper.

How many were you wearing today? A little cooler today... -25 C around Ottawa this morn. I heard.

It wasn't too bad this morning. The truck didn't sound too happy after sitting at work from 8 am till about 25 minutes ago. It is -28 before wind chill now.

Honestly you two, and all others similarly afflicted, I simply cannot comprehend why you would willingly subject yourselves to such conditions.

I developed a basic climate philosophy long ago: If being without shelter for 24 hours means risking death, I shouldn't live there.

Carry on all you nutty Northerners!

B

• Like 1

I prefer the cold. My house stays a comfortable 68 degrees F, and it is an excuse to wear all the cold weather gear I have collected. I'm dreading the onset of summer though. When it is 90F in my house it is isn't as easy to reach a comfortable temp.

• Like 1

True, and some houses are worse than others when it comes to heat retention. If I manage it right, our house rarely gets over 80 degrees in the summer. Then there is also AC... :D

Yeah, we have it tough here in California, don't we B? Been floating around 70 for the last week or so. Feels good but the local ski area closed due to lack of new snow....

True, in more ways than one though, unfortunately. I've seen you are getting more rain than down here, I think it has been essentially dry for 5 or 6 weeks now, wasting the good start that we had. It'll be 75 degrees today which is nice, but I'd like to be able to drink a glass of water this summer as well.

It is so dry that I have had to add water to the fountain and one of today's chores is to water the planters with winter crops. :crazy:

B

True, and some houses are worse than others when it comes to heat retention. If I manage it right, our house rarely gets over 80 degrees in the summer. Then there is also AC... :D

True, in more ways than one though, unfortunately. I've seen you are getting more rain than down here, I think it has been essentially dry for 5 or 6 weeks now, wasting the good start that we had. It'll be 75 degrees today which is nice, but I'd like to be able to drink a glass of water this summer as well.

It is so dry that I have had to add water to the fountain and one of today's chores is to water the planters with winter crops. :crazy:

B

Yeah, it rained like the whole month of December, it has pissed and a little rain this month but mostly clear. Yesterday it was 77 degrees and today should even be warmer. Breakin' out the dual sport!

• 3 weeks later...

Considering they meet and agree at -40, not much of a difference! -35C is only -31F, you wimp!

Actually, I can honestly say, F-that! (I honestly don't know how or why you deal with it)

+45F tonight and +75F tomorrow. It was +102F in my greenhouse the other day before I opened the windows; usually I keep it between 85-90...

B