BC's PF fish/duck hunter and stress eliminator :)

bctriple3

Here is a little info on my first ever Nissan......and first soon to be lift suv

Year: 2001

Model: Pathfinder SE 4x4

Mile: 134,xxxx

Bought it for: $3.5K

Other car I owned: 2014 Camry SE, 1993 BMW 325i

What am I going to use my PF for? Camping, fishing, hunting small game, and offroading NO rock crawling though

My plan?

1. Warn Hubs

2. 2" Strut Spacer....maybe AC lift?but I like smooth ride so I'll think about it

3. Maybe running 32" tall and skinny rubber

4. CVT Tenth

5. Freezer?

6....still thinking

_MG_1889-Copy_zps59884d06.jpg

_MG_1888-Copy_zps3e29efd7.jpg

_MG_1887_zps62409b71.jpg

_MG_1886_zpsb0570da2.jpg

Edited by bctriple3

Welcome! Looks like a nice ride for a decent price, good score! I've got 144k miles on my 01 (purchased new) and 172k on my 96 (beater/flip I picked up in August). I'm very confident I'll get at least another 100k out of my 01, if you take care of it, it'll take care of you.

• Like 1

It had 130,000 I believe. I think that was 2008?

Yes, it's still going strong. The only issues I've had with it in all this time is a cracked coil a stripped front hub flange and a slow coolant leak from the water pump.

I had a full service done 110k ago... timing belt, water pump, plugs/wires and filters.

That's really about it.

@jyeager How many miles was your 97 when you bought it? 312k miles is a lot and still going strong?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys...the wife give an ok budget of 2k for me to mod my pathy this spring.

So how many things can I get it done with 2k?

Like I said above I am mainly use it for camping and fishing NO rock crawling.

First I am going to change all the fluids and spark plugs because I haven't done nothing since I bought it. Last owner didn't give me any info on what and when things were replaces. Any idea how much this might be?

After that, I am going to get a AC suspension kit($825) from 4x4parts because I think it will better suit for camping loads and towing trailer. I am assuming the stock suspension are going to retire in the next 30k or so. Shipping is estimate $160 ground to California! WHOA this is the highest shipping cost I ever encounter. Any better suggestion are welcome :)

After the lift, I am going to get a set of Cooper AT3 on my stock wheels. I didn't want to kill the MPG so what would be a good size for economy wise and still got the mean looks? I can trim down a little but I won't take off the fender flares.

So I think this should exhaust my 2k budget....Any better suggestion or ideas out there?

Again I am not an expert and this is my first ever lift truck/Nissan :) and I just want to see different option from experienced folks. If I could get more out of my 2k let me know! Thanks

Edited by bctriple3

You are doing pretty much the exact same thing as me. I went with the general grabber at2 in a 245/75/16 size, they fit the stock ride height and should look good still once my lift is on.

I will be installing the Ac kit along with new struts, shocks, and ball joints later this month. Take a look at my mini build thread at the top of this forum for more information/ideas and directions you can go. The only reason I went wth the Ac kit was because I found it used for 200+45 shipping.

Edited by NovaPath

Wells after much reading and research I am going with this:

1) Cooper Discoverer A/T3 Radial Tire - 265/75R16 126R $576
2) 2130-FS - SENSEN Shocks Struts For Nissan, Front Set $73.23 Ebay
KYB KG4163 Gas-a-Just Monotube Shock Absorber $45.64 x2 = $91.28
3) ACDelco 45H0454 Professional Front Coil Spring Set $ 84.27
4) ACDelco 45H2158 Professional Rear Coil Spring Set $83.26
5) 2" Lift Spacer $170
6) Grill Brush Guard 01 02 03 2000 fit 00-04 Nissan Pathfinder $$ 255
7) Curt 18115 Roof Mounted Cargo Rack $160
8) Auto Ventshade 94105 Original Ventvisor Window Deflector, 4 Piece $48.67
Total: $ 1,541.71
I am thinking if I even need to replace my stock springs. I read through couple posts and folks said that the stock springs usually last the entire life of a truck if it wasn't abuse with heavy loading or off roading. Plus my truck is not sagging so which mean springs still good. This leave extra cash for rear trailing arm replacement and anything that need replace once I jack up the truck for inspection.
Edited by bctriple3

• 10 months later...