Anyone else watching Alaska Offroad Warriors

green180

The History channel, where something something drama something mullets Alaska. :lol:

Nice rigs though! I'm surprised none of them seem to have brought any kind of welding equipment. I know space is at a premium, but if you're gonna be beating the crap out of a vehicle with no available parts for miles around, it seems like a second battery and some 6010 rods would be worth the space. If you didn't need them, you could barter with the other teams for whatever parts you needed.

• Like 1

I watch it. I'm wondering about the fuel situation as none of then ever seem to fuel up, nor is it ever talked about. Sure some carry a few Jerry's but definitely not enough for the entire trip.

That Super Jeep is crazy, I can't believe how bent out of shape it is lol. Butch definitely has the best redneck mullet ever!! He's the real deal, hard pressed to get more redneck than that. Seems like a super nice guy though.

I understand it's a race, their a little hard on the land at times... Crum bums in the 1gen 4Runner are good entertainment, dude with the sweet sweet IROC mullet reminds me of the GM parts delevery guy here (cool dude, same attitude), main reason I watch? 3.slow L 2nd gen 4Runner. The whole time I watch I'm mumbling "come on head gaskets, your gonna pop any second now!"

• Like 1

Haha I wondered about the fuel too, I'm surprised the 3.0 hasn't popped a gasket yet, that war wagons awesome, I don't know how that 1st Gen 4runner made it that far with the independent front suspension, too bad there's no pathfinders or patrols there

The first gen 4Runner has ifs. There was a clear shot of it. I tried to post yesterday saying it's amazing none of them seem to wear seatbelts, and look what happened! I'm amazed that they aren't all running full lockers, cages and beadlocks. The last episode was shot a bit sloppy IMO. When super jeep got stuck the first time, they show them in water, then not in water, then in water, ect. I dont think they need to ramp up the drama to keep viewers entertained. The flying mud was fun enough to watch!

I swear I saw a solid front axle under the front of that... I've been wrong before though.

Typical reality TV editing though, 'super jeep' is stuck in the mud! Drama! Pan out of it while you see 1st gen coming up for the pass, extreme close up and nobody notices it's the 2nd gen, pan back out 1st gen is finishin pass, 2nd gen coming up!

• 2 weeks later...

I was not impressed with the lower 48ers being DBags leaving everyone else stuck in the mud without helping them. I was glad to see the 4 runners finish first this time around. It 's indeed quite impressive that the brothers have made it this far with only 4 cylinders. I would like to know how they get refuelled.

If your talking about the latest episode, the "lower 48ers" are the ones who stuck around and helped, the hipsters in the LR are the ones who pulled off a stuck truck then rolled.

As for refueling, if you search around other boards (I think it's pirate actually), driver of the jeep pops out a little behind the scenes info without giving any results away. They ain't on trails 24/7 apparently and refuel on the roads between trails.

I'm taking about tonight's episode, day 8&9 of the expedition. Super-jeep was first, got stuck. While they were winching out, others came in and got stuck. Without the land anchor they lost a lot of time. The first time super jeep left the anchor behind for the others to use. The second time they didn't and it pissed all the Alaskans off.

Not sure if I am behind or you are behind on episodes. I just watch when it's on History. Is the Rover still in the race where you left off?

Those guys in the land rover are full of themselves, they show up with another rover and start talking about their secret weapon, which was a land anchor, then they say they're in it to win it but they're disqualified, how can they be the fastest and toughest off roaders if they ruined their first rover and disappeared for a while, then reappeared with a fresh one

Haven't heard of that series but I just finished watching a web series on youtube by ExpeditionOverland that was really good. Sadly no Pathys there either (Land cruiser 100 and Tacoma) but they drive all through British Columbia, Alaska, and Yukon over 40 something days. Honestly the film quality is a lot better than many of the new shows on TV.

ExpeditionOverland is some good stuff. Quite a bit different than the Alaska off readers, but good none the less.

Watching the War Wagon throw mud his last week was pretty cool.

I must give this quote a x2!

Finished up the show tonight. Again, the overall production of this and the last few episodes where pretty shoty IMHO. We all pretty much knew who one, so it was kind of anticlimactic. But, I would like to see the show continue, maybe somewhere else?

I'd love to find a write up on each of the cars, details of the mods and the whys.

and ya just a little predictable, The editing was just to much personal conflict. I don't need to see that. watching people scream at each other is not my kind of entertainment. I would much rather watch the same bunch of guys travel together as a group accomplishing the same goals and have more instructional feel. you know what gear, how much rpm, how to spot, winch, line choice.....the racing bit was the least entertaining.

can't beat the scenery of Alaska though, one day I'll make it up there.

• Like 1

• 8 years later...

Alaska Off-Road Warriors is a popular television show that follows teams of off-road enthusiasts as they compete in a series of challenges across the rugged terrain of the Best Off Road Driving Trails in Alaska. The teams must navigate through the state's most challenging roads, trails, and backcountry terrain while facing a range of obstacles and challenges along the way.

The show features a variety of off-road vehicles, including ATVs, UTVs, and 4x4 trucks, as the teams compete in a range of challenges such as hill climbs, river crossings, and rock crawling. The teams must also work together to navigate through backcountry wilderness areas and harsh weather conditions, including snow and ice.

Each episode of Alaska Off-Road Warriors takes place in a different region of Alaska, showcasing some of the state's most scenic and challenging terrain. The teams must use their off-road driving skills, navigation abilities, and teamwork to stay in the competition and ultimately be crowned the Alaska Off-Road Warrior champion.

The show has garnered a large following among off-road enthusiasts, showcasing the beauty and challenge of Alaska's backcountry terrain. It also highlights the importance of safe off-road driving practices and the need for proper equipment and preparation when heading out into the wilderness.

Edited by jous3nn