Toyota locking rear diff

iBreakSh1t

i have been looking into cheap junkyard ways to improve the limited slip or put a locker in my r50, wanted to know if anyone has any information on weather or not a factory toyota locking diff will work under my truck.

This is a great question! I wish I knew the answer, too. You could re-gear it to 4.56, which would be close. Of course, by the time you do a nice wiring job, you might have just been better off to save for the ARB.... That's what I'm doing.

It's a good idea though. What a luxury to be able to just push a button and be locked up... Someday.

I dont think the 3rd member would be a direct swap. Im sure things dont line up the same. Would probably take some time machining t get it right, but the cost of that mihgt change your mind. Now swapping the whole axle is a possiblity. Some fab would still be needed for the links, spring perches, driveshaft and electrical connections. I think there is a lokka locker option out there, but im not sure.

alright so ive done some digging and the center sections will not fit, leaves me with a few options but i think im gonna go with adding shims to my existing lsd. next question being what is the best way to lock the front end?