Need an idea for cup holder

txpath4x4

Hey guys I need to know out there anybody with standards what they did for aftermarket cupholders I am tired of my seat getting wet with my drink. I have seen with automatics they just get the Walmart center console and put it there where the brake is but was standards you can't do that because you need your brake. Please help!!!!!

mounted 1 on the center console lid, screwed it onto a small piece of sheet meat (cut to fit from an old computer case) then epoxied that to the top of the console lid. took a bit of getting use to as it sits a bit further back than is natural but is fine now i'm use to it

SUP MAN!?! You know, when I first read this I was like...damn fool, I got you covered! And then I read a little further and when you first mentioned "People with standards" I thought you meant like, class and good taste, hehe...Still though I wasn't worried, for I knew you'd be happy with my cupholder system....and then I got to the automatic and E-brake part...hmmmm....then I got it, it's been soo long since I've owned a stick shift I forgot you actually DO use the parking brake! Heh...sooooo....all I've got for you are those stupid little things that slip down inside your window slot. I think some guys use a drink holder that plugs into the ashtray holder too.

Here you go, a little pricey...but looks good: http://www.andysautosport.com/products/autoloc__BWCH.html

That's all I can find Bro. Seriously.

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FGIBYQ/ref=pd_aw_fbt_auto_img_3?refRID=1596R9V9G7VJDXZJ2RWQ

I used this. Fits so darn perfectly between the shift boot and little tray thing below the e-brake. The center coin holder let's the e-brake handle drop right in. It fits snugly, never moves, I didn't use the screws or strap it came with, just nudged it in there and it stays. I would post a pic but my inside isn't functional since I'm swapping the tranny today. I bought it at pep boys I think. It doesn't stand out, doesn't look cheesy, and holds our damn drinks!!!

I married my cupholder. The seat doesn't get wet with my drink anymore but I get this strange screeching sound from the passenger seat when I drive in traffic. I had solved that problem with the anti-screech knob on my radio but, now that my radio has completely failed, I'm thinking the spilled drinks are a better option.

• Like 3

I married my cupholder. The seat doesn't get wet with my drink anymore but I get this strange screeching sound from the passenger seat when I drive in traffic. I had solved that problem with the anti-screech knob on my radio but, now that my radio has completely failed, I'm thinking the spilled drinks are a better option.

:chairfall:

Bravo good sir!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000FGIBYQ/ref=pd_aw_fbt_auto_img_3?refRID=1596R9V9G7VJDXZJ2RWQ

I used this. Fits so darn perfectly between the shift boot and little tray thing below the e-brake. The center coin holder let's the e-brake handle drop right in. It fits snugly, never moves, I didn't use the screws or strap it came with, just nudged it in there and it stays. I would post a pic but my inside isn't functional since I'm swapping the tranny today. I bought it at pep boys I think. It doesn't stand out, doesn't look cheesy, and holds our damn drinks!!!

Looks like the one in the wifes 94 pathy.

My 88pathy has a QX4 center console in it, slight mod to the P brake, slotted for the seat belt looks good

Dude Nissan jipped you on your E-Brake! Or is yours up under the dash like my 91 HB was....That little 12 valve 4 banger truck was fun to drive! Damn I miss my little truck. I miss all my cars..actually, except for the Rabbit...don't miss that one. Oh and the Pulsar...that car sucked.

Edited by gv280z

> Yup, find a junk yard console and swap it.

Wow. That's great. What year/trim/model is that out of?

The cup holder inside the console is so wimpy compared to the way they mount them everywhere nowadays. I actually used carbon fiber and epoxy to repair it and little bits of it have still broken off. It's so brittle.

Dude Nissan jipped you on your E-Brake! Or is yours up under the dash like my 91 HB was....That little 12 valve 4 banger truck was fun to drive! Damn I miss my little truck. I miss all my cars..actually, except for the Rabbit...don't miss that one. Oh and the Pulsar...that car sucked.

Haha, ebrake is there, but you have to move it a couple cm's over.

> Yup, find a junk yard console and swap it.

Wow. That's great. What year/trim/model is that out of?

The cup holder inside the console is so wimpy compared to the way they mount them everywhere nowadays. I actually used carbon fiber and epoxy to repair it and little bits of it have still broken off. It's so brittle.

It's out of a '98 pathfinder.

Same thing here it's been there mounted without screws just like djeffrey mentioned for years without moving. Before this one I used the single cup version with the slid on coin dish. Threw the coin dish away and attached to single cups back to back with double sided tape. the dual singles worked a little better because they were a bit narrower, I just decided that I wanted the dish in the middle so I went to the double unit.

My only complaints are, when wheeling and using 4Lo you can't have a cup in the left hand one. And very large softdrink fountain cups cause gear shift issues in the right hand holder, but since "I" don't use that one, it's not really "my" problem :lol:

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I got used to the OEM cup holders inside the center console. The trick is to use the left hand.

With my right hand on the wheel, I would take the left hand and reach under my right arm and pull the drink under my arm.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I have. It actually was made by the owner before the one I bought it from. It works pretty well and stays in place great since it is tight between the seats.

IMG_2901_zps7de4af37.jpg

Here is a side view.

IMG_2902_zpse560d5a2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I like the junk yard idea. might have to look for one of those if I don't get rid of my Pathy. Still debating. I actually purchased a two cup holder that someone molded years ago & sold on ebay. Got it for like $5.00 + shipping. If I could ever figure out how to post pics since everything has changed, I'd share a pic of mine. Let me see if I can figure it out again....

Wonder if the newer pathfinder console would fit easier in my 2wd hardbody , since the E-brake is under the dash no worries about moving it over, Guess would need a 2wd pathfinder console.

You thinking about an R50 console? Try finding one from a later year when they started using the switch rather than stick.

what stick? the transfer case shifter? Shouldn't be a problem as the junkyards down here seem to have every 2wd pathfinder ever made, I see more 2wd R50's than 4x4's.

Not the best pic, got it from a for sale ad I found online, shows the 2wd manual trans console:

34evzg2.jpg