Two bolts to take off bumper ?

JohnnyGIxxer

Ok I'm trying to take the bumper off the 95 pathy but I can only find one 12mm bolt per side and one small 10mm per side that appeares to be holding on to the lower shroud.. Is this right or please clue me in as to where to find the second 12mm bolt. About to take a sledge hammer to it. Lol.

2 on each side, accessible from under the fender, one is recessed within a bracket, the bolts on each side are the same size. The lower shroud should come off separately from the bumper.

This may help you see where the bolts would be:

al287b.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

^pretty much.

No need to use a sledgehammer when a wiffle ball bat will do the trick, especially if you have already removed 1 of the bolts. Stout they are not! It might help thinking of it as a signal light holder instead of a bumper...

If you go to the garage section and download a Factory Service manual from the pinned thread, BF-6 will show you a basic expanded view, and the rest of the manual is pretty handy as well...

B

Ok thanks . I didn't see the lower bolt when taking off the top one. I'll take a look fom underneath the bracket tomorrow. Thanks for the info. Trying to get the 3 inch lift on this weekend so I can go get some 32's on it. Thanks again.

At the junkyard i use two 12" long extensions with a swivel that way it puts the ratchet outside the fender, makes it real easy to get the bolts out. (At home I use a 24" extension, won't fit in my junkyard tool bag ! LOL)

I got all the nylon spacers in place but can't line up the two rear bolts yet. The picture of the bracket that holds the bumper/signal light holder is upside down. That's why I was confused , because I had seen that same image online before asking you guys. Lol. Anyway, that's what I did with my weekend. Hopefully I'll get everything reconnected within the next couple of days as work and family life allows and then its off to the tire shop. Thinking of getting the black steelies or maybe just painting the aluminum wheels black to save some bucks. What do you guys think?

I had a lot of trouble getting my bumper back on, partially because the mounts are bent (that's actually why I had it off in the first place). I loosened the mounts from the bumper to get the brackets to line up, then tightened them again once the mounts were bolted up.

Lots of people paint the factory Lego rims. I've got a set of generic black snow tire rims on mine now and IMO they actually suit it.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread helped me a lot http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/31068-ac-3-body-lift-install-on-91-nissan-terrano/?hl=%2Bterrano+%2Bbody+%2Blift. he cut and wilded his old bracket, and illistrated how. Only about 3/4 inch of weld holding the bumper, but probably much stronger than those 4 goofy reloction brackets. Did you get the correct rear bots? M12x1.25x180?